• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning beachball - Acrobat Pro DC (not responding)

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few seconds after opening Acrobat Pro DC on my Mac running Mojave, I get the spinning beach ball and force quit applications box shows that the app is not responding and I have to force quit.  I tried.

- rebooting my mac

- uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat Pro DC

Still the spinning beachball.

I see a few things to try with security in these forums but I can not get to preferences because the app is non-responsive.

Tried calling Adobe but 1 hour and 6 minute wait.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Hi Gene,

Sorry for the delay in response.      

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is taking time to launch on your Mac machine, could you check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

If that doesn't work, try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document:

Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kofther,

Apologies for the issue you are facing. What is the Acrobat Pro DC version you are currently on?  Also, Can you please take sample of Acrobat Pro DC when it reaches the "not responding" state. Steps given below:

1. After opening Activity Monitor, make sure the CPU tab is selected.
  2. Select the Acrobat Pro DC application from the list.
  3. Click the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) in the toolbar, then select Sample Process.

Share this file with us through dropbox/drive.

Thanks,

Rupa Jannela

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rupa.

I am using version 19.008.20071

Here is the sample

https://ceiva.box.com/s/5mqnnlgw1v6s31gruoeexr5j7ajlimlr <https://ceiva.box.com/s/5mqnnlgw1v6s31gruoeexr5j7ajlimlr>

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this thread is still open to this problem, I want to report the "spinning beachball" on Acrobat startup. About 10 seconds after Acrobat opens, the beachball shows up and hangs everything for 15 seconds. Each and everytime I open Acrobat.

If you have a solution, let me know.

Dropbox - Sample of Acrobat Pro DC.txt

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene,

Sorry for the delay in response.      

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is taking time to launch on your Mac machine, could you check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

If that doesn't work, try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document:

Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

You may also refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

OSX / Adobe Reader / spinning pinwheel after clicking each element and problems with selecting text ...

Acrobat DC spinning wheel after opening on OSX

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clean uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC and at least it has taken care of my PDF documents hanging. I still have a 20 second hang a few seconds into starting Acrobat even without even opening a document, so I've yet to chase that down.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everyone has checked for updates, what can we do next?  I have already run cleaners, re-installed, etc.  Now what about a solution from your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening to me too in high Sierra 10.13.6 with the latest acrobat dc 2019.008.20080

but the beach ball is there for 20 seconds after that I can use the application but it does it every time I open the application. 

here is the sample:

Dropbox - Sample of Acrobat Pro DC.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spinning beachball is gone. No lag whatsoever for several months. Somewhere an update has cleared the problem. Now it's Photoshop 2020's turn. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, except it happens during "Save" and "Save As..."

Here's the sample. I'd LOVE to have this resolved.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/feoy3fphjbc0tzh/Sample%20of%20Acrobat%20Pro%202020.txt?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines