• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split ONE PDF page down the middle into TWO new pages (Acrobat XI Pro), can it be done?

Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scan a lot of pages from books on my job, and I need to be able to cut the individual PDFs in two, in order to get one book-page on each PDF.

I am too lazy to scan each page individually- can Acrobat XI Pro do that?

It ought to.. I mean, it´s pretty expencive:-o

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

There's no built-in feature that allows you to do that in Acrobat directly. You can use the Crop Pages tool to remove (or rather, hide) half of the page, but that is a manual process.

Alternatively, you can use a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Split Pages in 2 Parts and Combine to a New File

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no built-in feature that allows you to do that in Acrobat directly. You can use the Crop Pages tool to remove (or rather, hide) half of the page, but that is a manual process.

Alternatively, you can use a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Split Pages in 2 Parts and Combine to a New File

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that, a little disappointing, I hope that Adobe makes that feature in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature that you desire is called imposition.  It is possible to do this with the addition of 3rd party Acrobat plug-in  like "Quite Imposing" ( http://www.quite.com/imposing/ ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You. Must. Be. Kidding.

Those clowns can do it, and your fancy company cannot. Really? 

(Besides, who wants to spend any more money on pdf managing software?).

Solution is: drop Adobe Acrobat, skip to Abbyy FineReader. Much more features for much less money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think it´s quite ridiculous for Adobe to still not have included such a basic and common sense feature that has been requested for several years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abby FineReader splits scanned book pages automatically in the middle during OCR.

I hope that Adobe comes around to include such a basic feature. What is currently the most practical workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no built-in command in Acrobat that does it for you. Several options were suggested in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

such a shame this feature is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a simple, useful function -- and I still have to do it online, after over a decade using Acrobat Pro! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, thre is. 

In Adobe Pro choose print

Select Adobe PDF as the printer

In Page Scaling select -> Tile Large Pages

Adjust scale, overlap etc to split the pages as you wish then press OK

Adobe will then split the pages into a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a solution that works only on Windows! What about macos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might work for some, and is the same instructions that I found in the help index https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/scale-or-resize-printed-pages.html, but "Page Scaling" doesn't appear ANYWHERE on the print popup in Adobe Pro DC. Under Page Size, first, click "fit" on the Size menu, then choose Poster. On the poster menu select "Tile only large pages." Make sure "cut marks" is not checked. I didn't change the scale or overlap. Once printed to PDF, it has one page per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work on Mac as there is no Print to PDF printer to select. Normally system Print has this option, but Acrobat replaces it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not a good capitalist (why share for free when you can make money - God of humans - by selling a product or service for more than it is worth).

I had an 11 x 17 inch document (19 pages) and now I have the same one, but 36 pages, and it took Acrobat Pro 30 seconds to do everything automatically thanks to you!!!

Thank you very much, and I hope you keep this attitude even if it doesn't bring you any money, but only happy people like me to share without always asking for money.

If one day humans manage to live without their Money God, to share, to help others, we can talk about intelligence...

Have a nice day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made up a method that helped me a little; When I scan pages from a book, I now scan every 2 pages twice. Then when I edit, I first crop all even pages (eg 1,3,5,7 etc) and then all uneven pages (2,4,6 etc). That way I get the pages nicely 1 on each PDF, And it´s a lot easier to scan twice, while the book is on the glass, than to lift the book and turn it, before scanning it again.

Hope I can help someone with this tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's much easier to duplicate a page in Acrobat than to scan each page twice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look into that, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I've copied every page by draging them in the miniature sidebar, but this takes a lot of time and is very hard to oversee, especially when the pages are only text and all look alike.

Is there an easier way?

If not, I still think scanning twice is easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easier way of doing it is by using the tools linked to above... Duplicating the pages can also be done using a script, but why go half-hog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use any external program, my firm won´t allow that. I´m looking for a way in Adobe Acrobat only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have a look at this blog.

Page Splitter Redux - KHKonsulting LLC

He provides a batch sequence file for acrobat X and for acrobat XI that does what you want. I've tried the acrobat X version and it works great. Haven't tried the XI version as yet, I might try that on DC when I install it.

Download it, open it (it should be linked to acrobat already) and acrobat will ask if you want to import it. Import it and then you'll find the same actions in the popup box are also found in <file> <action wizard> and the popup box can be closed.

The script doesn't automatically remove the other 1/2 of the cropped pages, so you'll need to go to <tools> <protection> <remove hidden information> and then save the file as a new filename and the excess data will be gone.

Hope that helps

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this thread is over a year old now, but that Page Splitter Redux is fantastic. A simple double click installs it to your Acrobat actions. Click the action. Done. Even works on Acrobat DC.

Thanks Greg. You're a lifesaver,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. I had to remove “.txt” at the end of the downloaded file’s name for the double-click install to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy Crap. It's now 2021 and Adobe still does not have this function build in-- but I used the PageSplitter plug in and it worked like a dream. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines