• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split ONE PDF page down the middle into TWO new pages (Acrobat XI Pro), can it be done?

Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scan a lot of pages from books on my job, and I need to be able to cut the individual PDFs in two, in order to get one book-page on each PDF.

I am too lazy to scan each page individually- can Acrobat XI Pro do that?

It ought to.. I mean, it´s pretty expencive:-o

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

There's no built-in feature that allows you to do that in Acrobat directly. You can use the Crop Pages tool to remove (or rather, hide) half of the page, but that is a manual process.

Alternatively, you can use a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Split Pages in 2 Parts and Combine to a New File

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg.  This is a fantastic time saver and it works like a charm.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script works great in current version of Acrobat (2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I usually don't comment on these support threads, but had to express my gratitude. You're a lifesaver! The instructions were so clear, had it installed in one minute, one click, and it was done. Worked for me on a mac with Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Take a Snapshot tool and inserting the snapshot back into the file. Was using the crop tool, but this is easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been super frustrated with that as well. I've found a great app that does that for you. Cut/Break PDF pages into pieces. [A-PDF.com] Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for a reference purpose for other people, you can use Adobe PDF printer to 'reprint' your document into halves. First, select the output size in Print > Properties. Then, use the "Poster Print" option to cut it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works the best! I had to reduce the "overlap" to "0.00". So if your crops aren't coming out right, play with that number on the print settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This works if you want to print. I tied to save and it does not work. Have you an idea to make it work?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a newsletter for a non-profit that I volunteer with.  The printed copy is 11x17 folded in half.  In the past, I've split it using Acrobat XI, but I can remember how I did it.  I was able to duplicate the page and select an 8.5x11 section then crop.  I'd do the left half then the right half.  Hopefully this can ring a bell for someone and get things rolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out!

1. Make two copies of the same page

2. Select the crop tool.

3. Double click on first copy of the page (a window will appear)

4. (This is to split an 11x17 into two 8.5x11) type 8.5 inches into the "left" box and select OK.  This will cut off the left side.

5. Repeat steps 1-4 on the other copy of the page except type 8.5 inches into the "right" box and select OK.  This will cut off the right side.

This will give you two perfectly cropped pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently someone gave me an PDF Ebook that was scanned from an original paper book. The person had scanned 2 pages together making 1 page (2 book pages on one page). This wouldn't work/ fit while viewing it on my kindle. Today I've been searching far and wide on how i can split 1 horizontal page into 2 separate pages. I finally found a fast and free way to do it. I uploaded my PDF Ebook to this website and it split all the pages down the center of the book and created a whole file for me to download. I hope this helps in the same situation.

Split PDF Down the Middle A3 to A4 Online

I just tried using it again... i guess the first time is free and you have to pay after that -_- . At least I got my PDF taken care of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having seen the horrific price of Quite Imposing I followed your link and it did exactly what I wanted.Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh this always drives me crazy.  I like to send PDFs of scanned books (grad school life) to my kindle so I print less, but it's way too tiny if it is a full spread (2page) instead of a single page.  Of all the features on adobe acrobat, it blows my mind that this still does not exist...

Sincere thank you to those who provided scripts and alternatives, but seriously... how can adobe not have built in a feature as simple and useful as this...it can't be that hard... Does anyone know of relevant feature request pages I could upvote?

Also is there better search terminology than "split"? Because that usually yeilds results about splitting the document, not an individual page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. I just noticed it's been 6 years since this thread was begun...

glad to see so much progress has been made on this feature in the last half decade... (sarcasm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. I was choked to find out that Adobe doesn't have this simple but important feature as part of scanning optinization. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you on that one, I am so irritated right now because I signed up for the 7-day trial to do exactly what you are describing thinking that was certainly an option in the "edit pdf." Nope. Nothing like it exists, how freakin utterly stupid Adobe is to not have this very **SIMPLE** and **PRACTICAL** option to include in software that is all about optimizing the use and editing of PDF's. Adobe are charging up the ass for what? And cant even include something as simple as this. What a bunch of phonies and rip off con artists. Sometimes it seems like these large tech companies, Adobe included, keep updating their programs but instead of making them easier and more optimal for use, they dumb them out and make them more ass-anine and annoying without actually giving us the options we need and screwing us out of money simultaneously. They should change their company name from Adobe to Abobo. Bobo the CLOWN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best thing to do is to export it as PowerPoint or Word, and edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a related discussion with additional work-arounds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-do-you-split-all-pages-to-same-size/m-p/12915...

(You can place your spread pages pdf into a single page InDesign file, change the single InDesign pages to spread pages, then export to a new single page pdf).

You can add your voice to an Acrobat feature request here:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/38129110-spreads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an easy way to do this In Adobe Pro

choose print

Select Adobe PDF as the printer

In Page Scaling select -> Tile Large Pages

Adjust scale, overlap etc to split the pages as you wish then press OK

Adobe will then split the pages into a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nelson25521656brkk I don't quite agree to consider that an easier way; the whole point is that is is still the same document and should be printet as a new one. 

I cannot believe that Adobe still doesn't have this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines