• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting Bookmarks Top Level - Duplicate File Name Error

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to split a large document based on top level bookmarks. However the Adobe file, when created by a third party system, autopopulates bookmark names. I am running into an issue because I want to split the bookmarks into separate files based on the bookmark name however I receive an error because some of the bookmarks are duplicate names and Windows can't have the same named file. Any solutions? 

Is there a way to quickly add a letter/number to the end of any duplicate bookmark within Adobe?

Or is there a system change I can make in Windows to add a "(1)" character to any duplicate and let the split continute to save?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The former is possible, but will require a custom-made script. It will need to scan the top level of the bookmarks tree and rename all duplicates (there could be multiples, of course).

The latter is not possible. It's up to the application to save the file under a unique name. The OS will not do it for it.

If you use the same name as an existing file it will be overwritten, if the process has permission to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines