• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starred and recent files list empty/missing

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least once a week my starred files and recently opened files list is cleared without me asking it to be cleared. Today I opened Acrobat Pro DC to start work and the files were there then they just vanished. I use the same base files every day, and it is starting to get annoying to have to go back and set up my starred files again for easy access. My recent files list is set to 100 so I'm not sure why they keep disappearing. Is there a setting somewhere that clears the list automatically that I can turn off? Or if I get logged out does it clear my starred files? Thank you for suggestions!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

There are few things that I would like to know to understand the problem better

1. Please update to the latest build, and share build info (Help -> About Adobe Acrobat DC)

2. Has this started happening recently, recent and starred getting cleared?
3. Does this happen mostly when you have leave your app unused for sometime?

And yes you mentioned that correctly, due to security reasons, we do clear recent when user signs-out. 

It would be great if you can share the snapshot of the problem here.

Thanks,
Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue - this is the latest thread I could find. Answers to your questions:

1. Please update to the latest build, and share build info (Help -> About Adobe Acrobat DC) - Already up to date.

2. Has this started happening recently, recent and starred getting cleared? Started happening sometime in 2021.
3. Does this happen mostly when you have leave your app unused for sometime? I am using the app several times a week.

Additional info:

• When I initially go to view recent files (File > Open Recent Files...) there is a list, but it is not accurate. I'll click to view all, get the full screen with thumbnails, then it completely disappears after a few seconds. There is an error somewhere.
  • This is occuring in InDesign and Photoshop as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> And yes you mentioned that correctly, due to security reasons, we do clear recent when user signs-out. 

Fix this. Allow an option to store an encrypted data file in their user account that gets loaded/decrypted on the local machine whenever they sign in (and it's fair for that to age out if too long). Signouts on a computer can happen due to SSO policies or Adobe doing a sign out, and it can really hamper work productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue (Windows 10 version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share few details I requested above, will be really helpful in understanding the issue and providing with solution.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot.

I had reseted this PC since I sold it after buying a new one. It was a HP ProBook 6970b running the latest Acrobat pro DC version and the latest Windows 10 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"due to security reasons, we do clear recent when user signs-out. "

I read this after writing the reply above: this is my issue.

But after logging out of my Adobe ID, I would like to find my starred files in their place when I log back in.

Please prioritize this in the to-do list of Acrobat improvements.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would like to find my starred files in their place when I log back in."

This is already in place-in, you can change a pref to access your starred files from document cloud, this was whenever you sign-in, you will have your starred files easily accessible.

1. Go to acrobat preferences (Ctrl+K)

2. Choose 'Adobe Online Services' in left pane

3. Choose 'Document Cloud' for Starred file location (shown in snapshot)

Capture.PNG

Do let us know if face any issues here

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I would like to find my local starred files in their place when I log back in.

Some of them cannot stays in the cloud, due to NDA restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, due to security reasons, starred files also need to be cleared when somebody sign-outs. Though you get to see starred files in document cloud when you sign back.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't LOCAL Starred files load when logging back into Acrobat? 

Like this user, there are documents I use daily but the documents cannot be stored in Adobe Cloud.

Why have such a great feature if it only works for those who ae able to store documents in Adobe Cloud? Why, just why?

It would be great if my LOCAL Starred documents re-load when I open  Acrobat.

Please do not respond with -- have you updated with the latest build. YES! Yes, I have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have the same issue on my laptop. Windows 10/latest update of Adobe reader. 

May be I found the issue. The starred file I am opening is local but if I am not connected to internet get an error.  The error goes away when internet connection is available, the file opens fine.

Wondering why do I need internet opening local file ?

Thanks,

GP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC (2020.009.20067) and check if you still observe the issue of recent getting cleared.

Thanks,
Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had this version that I just installed on a new PC, but unfortunately that doesn't change anything.

Unlogging and re-login:

Acrobat_crodDWi5WY.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice Adobe support just "stops" questions when they don't have an answer?

I have this same issues:

Recent file list just shows up empty all of a sudden.  It works, and then it does not.  No, I can't store several thousasnd PDF files in the cloud, that's why we have our own files servers and network.   A lot in our office use recent file history and have the same issues.   50-60 files in the recent list just "gone."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Can you please share few details here:

1. Please update to the latest build, and share build info (Help -> About Adobe Acrobat DC)

2. Has this started happening recently, recent and starred getting cleared or was it always like this?

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has continually happened to me too. This feature does not work consistently since it has been introduced. Nice feature and would be better if it actually worked.

Please note - I can only star documents that are saved locally. These documents cannot be saved to the Adobe Cloud due to privacy & confidentiality. I am using Adobe Acrobat enterprise subscription so I have to be logged in to use product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback here. Do you still see this issue happening? 

Can you please share few details here:

2. Workflow that triggers recent/starred getting cleared

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously,  I understand this is an old post.  Is every single one of your replies to say   "PLEASE UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION"  Your customer service is terrible.  Not once did you ever address the Question correctly.  If you dont know the answer then you should escilate it to a level two tech or even the developers to get a real answer.  we all undersand and know about it being on the cloud.  The question is about "LOCAL"?  Thats the real issue the way I look at it.   LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't sign out. Adobe just signs me out and then forces me to sign in before I can work. This is what I pay you more than $50 per month for: to interfere with my ability to work by your paranoid security. I'm not going to continue with my subscriotion, which I've had since CC started. I'm sick of being interfered with when I'm trying to work. I always use the same programs on the same network on the same computer. I shouldhn't have to sign into them at all, much less have them challenge me and reset things.

Really sick of the Adobe Monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a new Macbook. I'm running the build below. There are o updates available. I'm signed in and there is no one else using this computer so I never sign out. I'm only workig with local files, nothing on the Adobe cloud.

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M2 Max

Build: 23.8.20533.0

AGM: 7.1.4

CoolType: 9.1.0

JP2K: 4.0.2.54248

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Acrobat daily. This has been happening on and off since I first started installed the program on this computer, but it hasen't happened for a few weeks until today. Today I noticed a blue "new" icon next to starred.

Roger35555418j9j0_0-1708368438766.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines