Highlighted

Start PDF action with VBA from MS Access

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please, I need help to start a PDF action (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) with a VBA code from MS Access.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should open, start the the action and must be closes afterwards.

The pdf-filename and the name of the action must be handeled over as a variable.

I hope it is possible to do that.

Many thanks for your help.

Ingo 

TOPICS
How to, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Start PDF action with VBA from MS Access

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please, I need help to start a PDF action (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) with a VBA code from MS Access.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should open, start the the action and must be closes afterwards.

The pdf-filename and the name of the action must be handeled over as a variable.

I hope it is possible to do that.

Many thanks for your help.

Ingo 

TOPICS
How to, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't do this. There is some automation available from VBA, using the info and comprehensive documentation in the Acrobat SDK. But it does not run an action. You may be able to write an app that does the same things as the action (for example, insert pages), other things are quite impossible (for example, save as optimized PDF). Bear in mind Acrobat is an end user tool, your app and Acrobat must run in the foreground, and not on a server.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0