Exit

still image (audio) turns black after playing sound

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my problem is as follows:

I created a rich media PDF (audio/mp3).

I underlaid the audio files with a still image.

Audio is played by clicking.

After playing the sound, the still image goes black and I can't listen to the audio again.

Only when I right-click the button and select "Disable Content", the still image appears and I can listen to the file again. What can I do to prevent the image from going black and listen to the file as many times as I want?

My system requirements:

Windows 10 Enterprise/Version 1909

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC /Version 2020.013.20074

Best regards

Tabea

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed description. As explianed, sill image for the audio turns black. Have you experienced this with a perticular document which had the an audio embedded in it? 

You may try changing the following preferences setting and see if that works-

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup", "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Ope the document and check back.

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

If it still doesn't work, then please share the sample file with us.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

thank you for the quick reply. I tried the changed security settings (all disabled) and exactly the same case occurred as described above. I made a principle sketch from the document. How can I upload a PDF file here, I see only photo or video upload? Or can I send it to a mail address?
Thanks and best regards
Tabea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tabea,

Sorry for not being able to get back to you on time.

You can upload the file to Document Cloud web and share the link with us. We'll download it: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I uploaded my testdocument here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:08450d37-72d5-4973-abac-38d7fe2ce3d...

Thanks for your response!

Tabea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm having the same problem right now. I added an audio file via rich media. When I click on it, it plays once and then the field is black and can only be played again after manual deactivation. Did you come to a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Alina, the only solution is to specify in the settings that the sound should be played in an extra window. This also turns black, but can be closed after playing the sound and the sound can be played again. Adobe has not really made an effort here. 😉 Regards
Tabea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines