• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Acrobat DC update

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud installed for Photoshop. I also have my own copy of Acrobat 10 installed. Creative cloud keeps asking to update to Acrobat DC. I don't want Acrobat DC, so how do I stop the requests to update.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, it's happening to me too (Mac OS X 10.11.4).  I have Acrobat X Pro installed and CC Photography plan, and I always have the Acrobat DC update reminder in the CC menu bar pulldown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X:

I succeeded in getting the Upgrade Acrobat DC out of my Creative Cloud app (at least temporarily) buy deleting my installed copy of Acrobat Reader (the free version).  I had previously installed the free reader but don't recall the last time I used it, so instead of keeping it around for the odd need, I'm wiping it out, and it appears to have taken the upgrade notice out.

YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: For some reason I thought I started a new thread.  If this doesn't add additional color to the OP's problem, let me know and I can move this. 

I have Lightroom CS6 and photoshop cs5.  For some reason creative cloud shows lightroom cc...but I only have lightroom 6 installed.  If I click "open" for lightroom cc...I get lightroom 6.  So adobe bug or just confusing design.

I have disabled creative cloud from starting when macos starts...so it only opens (supposedly) when launching an adobe app.

However I still get daily popups telling me to "try" acrobat DC.  That is NOT an update for software I have installed (I don't use acrobat or acro reader).  So this is basically an uninvited marketing popup from software that isn't supposed to be running in the first place.

If I am using CS5/CS6 apps, can I kill the stupid creative cloud software somehow without breaking things?

I didn't manage to grab a screenshot of the macos notification popup but you can see acrobat DC is showing up in a list of updates with a "try" button in creative cloud.

Garbage user experience adobe.  Makes me consider doing the investment in learning gimp and darktable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but I think Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are the same thing. So if you have Lightroom 6, you do have a CC product. Unlike most CC products it is also sold separately, and would be called 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same problem here. I've got CS 5.5 version of Photoshop + Bridge and full version of Acrobat X Pro (which is working just fine and I want to keep it). I also have CC versions of Illustrator and InDesign. I want to keep AI and INDD up-to-date, but *I DON'T WANT TO UPDATE* to Acrobat DC!

Screenshot_1.png

But, Acrobat DC is "hanging" forever in "updates" section, despite of NOT being an update, but a new product, which needs to be bought. It's driving me crazy...

How to get rid of this "pseudo-update" from CC app?

Adobe, is it possible for you to solve this annoying error or you just good at taking money only..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently subscribed to Photoshop + Lightroom CC and I am having the same problem. Prior, I had CS6 Production Suite. I didn't have any Adobe Acrobat application on my computer before, not even the free Acrobat Reader. However, Acrobat DC keeps showing in the Creative Cloud application asking to update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a solution to properly eliminate the problem, but I found instructions from Adobe to disable the adobe updater, which I am trying.  I am choosing the per-user method rather than the system wide method because I still want to be able to initiate manual updates for Lightroom, etc.  You can find it at:

Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

I just made the change so I'll have to see if it eliminates the annoying Acrobat DC update notices.  If not, I'll come back and update folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh... looks like that doesn't work.  I am still getting popups that an update for Acrobat DC is available.  And I don't have DC installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another place to try and turn off updates.  In the Windows tray I noticed a Creative Cloud icon.  I clicked it and opened the app. It the upper right corner is a tool dropdown where I selected preferences.  I unchecked "Show Notifications", "Launch at Login" and "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date".

Hopefully that will kill the notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least two years later and this is still happening.  I subscribe to the package that gets Photoshop and Lightroom and installed my own Acrobat XI license and now I am pestered about Acrobat DC.  I don't want it since I already have something that works.  It would be different if it were free update but I don't want to pay for something that doesn't do any more than something I've already paid for.    Like others, I want to keep the updates on for Lr and Ps so that isn't really an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you update as the pop-up says? Clearly it will keep reminding you if you do not. If on the other hand, you have updated, but keeps reminding you, something is broken; please share your version of Reader and a screen shot of the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Do you update as the pop-up says? Clearly it will keep reminding you if you do not. If on the other hand, you have updated, but keeps reminding you, something is broken; please share your version of Reader and a screen shot of the message.

Its not offering to upgrade the reader.  It is offering to upgrade Adobe Acrobat CC and it installs installs that if you click on Upgrade.  But it then pushes trial license messages if you use it.  And tries and use it rather than Reader for all your PDF's.  A real problem once the trail period ends.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is current (17.012.20098)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anubha Goel

It is rather misleading to say I have an update for a product that I don't have installed, isn't it? False or misleading claims | ACCC

Any other Aussies should feel free to let the ACCC know how you feel, as I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL happening, I've seen posts about this as old as 2015. At least it says "Try" now. 😕 I don't even have Acrobat installed on my computer. I did a clean install on a new machine of Photoshop CS6 (from my Adobe Creative Suite Design & Web Premium license) then installed the new CC version of bridge so that it would work with my camera. Now it pesters me every time I boot up to update DC.

I was actually considering finally subscribing to the Photographer's kit, but it looks like that doesn't resolve the issue, so why bother. I guess I'll have to find something else to replace Aperture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for grins I let it install DC. Then Uninstalled it. Same annoying message. *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I thought it was just me!

After many, many years of using Acrobat Pro in various versions,very sadly, it has caused me to start using Nuance Power PDF. No annoying pop-ups! But I am very annoyed with Adobe - I bought the various versions/upgrades of Acrobat in good faith and I can't even now use my product (I have moved the software to a new desktop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you contact the help line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years later and this issue is still unsolved.

I've had Adobe Acrobat X Pro installed on my PC for a couple of years now and it's worked perfectly with no issues. 
Recently purchased After Effects CC, and the Creative Cloud has been notifying me to update Adobe DC. Thinking it was a free update (stupid me), I updated it.. only to realize it was not a free update. so I uninstalled it and reinstalled my Acrobat X Pro. and of course, the notification is back.

Why hasn't Adobe done anything about this yet? It's frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Acrobat X Pro paid for and installed, Photography subscription paid annually, but still get the update to DC nag. This really isn't good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem ... and IMHO Acrobat DC sux.  I would pay to upgrade DC to Acrobat X Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem on both an iMac and a Mac Book Pro.   I searched everywhere and found a solution which worked on my iMac.  

I hadn't used my laptop in a while and when I did it said ACROBAT DC UPDATE AVAILABLE

Now I forgot what I did on the other computer.   This is like an Edgar Allen Poe torture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines