• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stop AutoCAD plan documents opening with comment tool

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately whenever I open most documents from others/external that include plan pages produced from AutoCAD, my Acrobat Pro DC opens them with the Comment Tool and panes - often draining my memory. I was told by Adobe Support this was due to the way that they were being saved by the other authors, but have inquired, and have been told that is not the case. I cannot seem to find a preference/option to turn the Comment Tool off at document opening - has anyone else experienced this and know how to resolve?

[Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the File Extension of the document you are opening that do this?

There is a setting in the OS, File Association.

Or Open AutoCad first then click File Open and Browse to the document you want to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so that we are on the same page: Your documents open with the right hand pane in Acrobat showing the commenting tools. Is that correct? You are right, there is no setting in Acrobat that should cause this. In general, you can select the "initial view" of a document, but that does not enable any tools, it's just about page layout and the navigation panes (on the left side) that should be shown (and a few other things, but nothing related to comments). 

The only time you should see the comment tools is when you participate in an online document review. Is there anything in AutoCAD that would indicate that you want to start a review? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the responses:

Karl - Yes, it opens with the Comment tool active, and the right pane is showing the comments.

Just Shoot Me - these are all PD Ffiles.

I did some additional research and found the following in Autodesk, which may explain why there are comments in the PDF file, but does not explain why Acrobat opens the Comment Tool with the PDF being opened...

Drawing text appears as comments in a PDF created by AutoCAD

2020-08-10 Technical Support
Issue:After plotting, publishing, or exporting a drawing to PDF from AutoCAD 2016 and newer, when looking at the PDF file in a PDF viewer, each block of SHX text has been put into the Comments List in the PDF. By default this comment text is not searched by Adobe Reader or most PDF readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting... Can you make one of these PDF files available for us to poke around in? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines