Highlighted

Stop Task Pane from Resetting

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but it's been happening more often now. I like a specific task pane configuration (Workspace) within Acrobat. It seems like it no longer is retaining that info as well and continually will reset to the default.

Is there a way to stop this behavior?

If not, is there a place on my computer that these settings are stored? I'm running the latest version of DC Pro on Windows 10. I tried replacing the user prefs in the roaming app data, but that doesn't seem to work.

I'd be happy with a workaround, so if I can at least copy a file in the proper configuration, it would take a lot less time than having to individually add each tool and then organize it where I want it.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stop Task Pane from Resetting

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but it's been happening more often now. I like a specific task pane configuration (Workspace) within Acrobat. It seems like it no longer is retaining that info as well and continually will reset to the default.

Is there a way to stop this behavior?

If not, is there a place on my computer that these settings are stored? I'm running the latest version of DC Pro on Windows 10. I tried replacing the user prefs in the roaming app data, but that doesn't seem to work.

I'd be happy with a workaround, so if I can at least copy a file in the proper configuration, it would take a lot less time than having to individually add each tool and then organize it where I want it.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry  for the toruble. As described Acrobat is not retaining a specific task pane configuration.

After setting the particular task pane configuration please go to Edit > Preferences > Documents > Select 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents' > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Also you may refer to the help articles listed below and see if that helps:

1. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/viewing-pdfs-viewing-preferences.html#preferences_for_viewi...
  2. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/workspace-basics.html#set_preferences

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0