Highlighted

Strange background when opening document unless another pdf is already opened

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an appalert to show a message when the document opens. When opening the document, you do not see the document itself in the background under the pop-up message. It has two strange boxes in the background. However, if another pdf is already open on my computer when opening the new document it opens normally with the alert message in front of the document as desired. Am I doing something wrong? 

I have attached two screen shots.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Strange background when opening document unless another pdf is already opened

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an appalert to show a message when the document opens. When opening the document, you do not see the document itself in the background under the pop-up message. It has two strange boxes in the background. However, if another pdf is already open on my computer when opening the new document it opens normally with the alert message in front of the document as desired. Am I doing something wrong? 

I have attached two screen shots.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which operating system and version is this happening?

Does this manifests even if you've clicked Help --->> Repair Installation?  (this is not the same procedure as uninstall and reinstall).  Re-applying last update(s)?

I can think of also lowering or increasing the resolution  settings in the video card.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Chosen4? LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Is_rbls

I am using Acrobat Pro DC. I think it's version 20.009.20074

I tried running Repair Installation. Nothing changed. Also, the problem does not appear to be related to screen resolution.

Thank you for responding.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0