Strange behaviour when selecting and moving images

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this has been doing my head in for years and it is by far the most INSANE way any software handles this which seems to be a standard of adobe developers. 

Can anyone explain to me why, if I paste an image into an PDF, and it lands above another image, if I try to select the image and move it around by clicking on it, it selects the background too, and try's to move the background and not the image I actually clicked. 

With the best will in the world whoever came up with this is a fecking egyt. It is not necessary at all, for a piece of software to adopt a behaviour that contradicts the standard practice of 99% of all other software ever released. It's the kind of contrarian idiots nonsense that would be akin to making a car with a steering wheel as a throttle and pedals to turn right and left, and surely some muppet adobe developer somewhere will be sat there saying "its actually a really useful feature". Actually no it isnt. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forums is staffed by volumteers. For feedback about the software please visit: http://acrobat.uservoice.com

Did you have a question we can help you with?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, the question is as written above. Is there a reason why clicking on an image in the foreground selects the images behind it too? Am I supposed to be pressing some additional key at the same time or something? 

This just seems insane, why is clicking something selecting items that are outside the focus of the click? It flies in the face of every other program on earth pretty much. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andy,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, clicking on an image in the foreground selects the images behind it too and moves the image that is in the background and not the actual image in the front.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat / Reader Dc you are using? To check the version of the application please go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.13.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more information about the new version available please check the help page: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to paste the image into PDF?

I have tried to reproduce the issue and tried to select and move the image on top of another image and its moving the image that is in the foreground. Please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and reboot the computer and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

You may also try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines