Highlighted

Struggling with digital signature in a document sent to me

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I never really used the digital signature function in Acrobat, but now my school sent me a digitally signed document I need to pass to my employer. The digital signature seems to be OK when it comes to the validity of the signature, but my employer needs this document also in paper and when I print it there should be a stamp and a wet-ink signature in the corresponding field. But instead of the stamp, there is just "v. r." (it's "m. p." in English I believe) and I can't find a way to "show" the stamp. To have better idea how it looks see the attached image. I already tried:

Printing it as it came,
right-clicking and choosing "View verified version" and then printing

printing as an image
in the "Comments and Forms" section I tried both "document and forms" and "document and stamps"

Also, I found an advice to "Save as..." the document as a .jpg image, but I couldn't try that. In the Save as window it shows only .pdf format in the drop-down menu.

Now, I am using the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, could that explain the things I encountered?

Thank you for reading this post and for any input or ideas.

Ondra

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Struggling with digital signature in a document sent to me

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I never really used the digital signature function in Acrobat, but now my school sent me a digitally signed document I need to pass to my employer. The digital signature seems to be OK when it comes to the validity of the signature, but my employer needs this document also in paper and when I print it there should be a stamp and a wet-ink signature in the corresponding field. But instead of the stamp, there is just "v. r." (it's "m. p." in English I believe) and I can't find a way to "show" the stamp. To have better idea how it looks see the attached image. I already tried:

Printing it as it came,
right-clicking and choosing "View verified version" and then printing

printing as an image
in the "Comments and Forms" section I tried both "document and forms" and "document and stamps"

Also, I found an advice to "Save as..." the document as a .jpg image, but I couldn't try that. In the Save as window it shows only .pdf format in the drop-down menu.

Now, I am using the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, could that explain the things I encountered?

Thank you for reading this post and for any input or ideas.

Ondra

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The digital signature is not designed to put good things on paper, because paper is not a legal proof of the signature, and could be faked in a second. Perhaps print it and countersign the paper.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 1