Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck in certified mode

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated Acrobat DC (Continuous) from version 20.013.2007 to 2021.001.20142. I am stuck in Certified Mode. I've tried running repair Acrobat installation and that didn't work. I've checked and unchecked the option in Preferences > General.  Restarted Acrobat. Restarted Computer.  Nothing is working to get me out of certified mode. I am trying to test a third party plug-in and unable with certified mode set.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole,

From the description given above, if I understand it correctly then you have accessed Certificate tool and after using it you haven't been able to exit from it? 

If it got stuck on it in a way that you cant come out of it even after rebooting the system, then you may try this

1- Open task manager>select the Acrobat services running at the background and click on End Task

2- If this doesn't help then use this cleaner tool for removal: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  and download the application again: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  I know the plugin is valid because it works on the adobe acrobat dc pro that installed correctly that is not in "certified mode".  I have uninstalled, used the cleaner,stopped all adobe tasks and it still stuck in certified mode.  I have clicked the box and unclicked.  It tells me to exit and restart adobe.  I do that an nothing changes.  I do not know what to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certified mode also happens if no plugin can be loaded, for any reason. So it may be that the plugin you test isn't built right. Did it work on the older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I am having this issue after updating from a May 23 Version to a Sep 23 version...it is driving me nuts, I need FileOpen to work so I can view rights managed standards for my job...I am seriously unhappy to have lost a day to this bug. Please Adobe, Fix the problem quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue with Tic Tie & Calculate, a 3rd party plugin for Acrobat. I found out that the .api file needed for TTC was not located in the Acrobat plug ins folder. This file needs to be in this folder for Acrobat to be able to find the plugin and this will change Certified Mode to No. Search your computer for the .api file for your plugin and once you find it, move it to the Acrobat plug ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines