• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck when opening Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I constantly have the same problem. Each time I open Acrobat DC, I have a new window opening, trying to load something and staying blank for ages. Have to use task manager to close Acrobat and when restarting, same problem again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated windows etc ... any clue what Acrobat is trying to do there and how I can solve it ? thanks !! acrobat.jpg

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you get a blank page when you open the application.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20145 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates. You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html and reboot the computer once and check if that helps.

Also, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only). Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' Turn Off the Protected mode and Uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create  a new test user profile in Windows or enable the root account in Mac with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal. Thanks for your reply. I have the 21.01.20145. Installed yday. I unchecked the two boxes, rebooted, no change. When opening DC, I have to quickly click on Edit or Help in the top menu to avoid the blank page to pop. As soon as I am off the options menu, it pops and have to kill the app on task manager. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I am sorry for the delay in response. Have you tried using the application in a new test user profile as described earlier?

Also, please try to reset the Acrobatpreferences to default as descrined in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines