• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Students typed in my first Text field.. it filled in all of them on the page. What did I do wrong?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon Adobe pros,

I am attempting to make the lives of my virtual students easier by adding fillable text fields to my pdf documents.  I'd love for them to type their answers and save to their computer rather than having to print it out.

I made a pdf of my word document and added text fields in the spaces for them to type answers.

ProjectEpiphany_0-1599239876458.png

I saved and posted it on Canvas for them to work.

When my students started typing in the first field, it populated the other boxes with the same text.  I need each field to be independent.  I have no idea what I did wrong.

Help please.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

What you did was to copy the field and place, copy and past (or copy-drag) which ever.

Because you did it this way, they are in fact copies. You need to create new text fields each time.

See if this works (and it's ALWAYS a good idea to test before sending things out ;>)).

Let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

When you make field and you are satisfied how it look, right click on it and select "Use current properties as new default" from now all fields you create will look like that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you did was to copy the field and place, copy and past (or copy-drag) which ever.

Because you did it this way, they are in fact copies. You need to create new text fields each time.

See if this works (and it's ALWAYS a good idea to test before sending things out ;>)).

Let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it.  Thank you.

Unfortunately that means a great deal of extra resizing as the default field is not what I am looking for.  Is there a copy/paste feature that will still keep them independent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you make field and you are satisfied how it look, right click on it and select "Use current properties as new default" from now all fields you create will look like that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SWEET!  I would not have found that.  

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines