• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit a PDF online

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of creating a fillable PDF that I plan on posting online for our end users to fill out and submit. I've created a send button on our PDF form that opens up a mailto, but unfortuantely, whenever I try to send with the completed PDF it seems to be blocked by the web browser from submitting. 

From what I can tell a web browser cannot send with an attached PDF. The only way to do this would be to have the end user download adobe acrobat and submit it that way. Otherwise they could download the file and then attach it via an email. We're really trying to make this as easy as we can for the end user where they just have to click "submit" and it opens up an email with the attached document.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the email always be going to the same address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it will be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, many PDF plugins in browsers have very poor support for form fields in general and scripts in particular.

If you want to ensure it works properly instruct your users to save the file locally and then open it using Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have my heartfelt sympathy. It used to be so easy.  I've used Acrobat for many years and remember when you could add a "Submit" button and it would simply allow the end users to click it, and the form would send by email. 

I've created an form that a number of people will be using to evaluation applicants.  It should be easy for them to click on a button. Instead, Adobe has overthought it and it'll take 45 simple steps (I'm exaggerating) to do what should be done in one click.  I'm beyond frustrated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(sorry about the typos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat still does that. The problem described above happens when you use other PDF viewers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to publish your PDF online that uses acrobat's PDF viewer rather than having to make the user download acrobat? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me how acrobat still does it? I can't find a send button that directly emails the whole pdf to a given address. In my opinion you can only send it to a url.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a regular Acrobat form you do it by adding a button and setting its Mouse Up trigger to the "Submit a Form" command, then you select the "Complete PDF" option and as the target URL enter "mailto:" (without the quotes) followed by the email address you want to send the file to. Something like this:

try67_0-1613141058564.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much it works, i.e. when opening the (fillable) pdf in the acrobat reader it works (after ok-ing three messages that I have to open a browser, which I already had in the first place and then the mailto-window opens), but when filling out the pdf in the browser (Google chrome usually) it does not work (yet). Thanks anyway this is already a major step forward for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an issue you'll need to take up with the people who created that Chrome PDF plugin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just the answer I expected. But thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines