Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit Button JavaScript not working on iOS nor Android tablets

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a distributable form in Acrobat Pro DC and it works as expected on PC. Then I realized that the Submit button (in the top purple bar) dissapears on iPad and Android tablet verson of latest Adobe Reader. I created a Submit button with JavaScript as follows:

this.submitForm({cURL:"smb://SERVER/SHARE/", cSubmitAs:"PDF"}

Also, this worked as expected on PC, but on iPad I get the error: "Some of the features is the document are not supportedin this version of Adobe Acrobat".

Any help would be appreicated, as my JavaScript knowledge is minimal.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm astonished (but happy for you) that this worked on a PC. Submitting is not a save operation, and if I run your script it completes with no error even though I have no server called SERVER - what is your browser? But for mobile you have to use an http or https URL, I believe - if it works at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick replay and comments.

I used Acrobat Reader DC on a PC and  received all form data in the tracker without issues. I am not using any browser. On the iPad or Android tablet, shoudl I be usind a Save command, instead of a Submit command? if so, what JS code would you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, a tracker form. A different kind of animal altogether, I think.

- Have you seen any statement that it should work on mobile?

- Do you use the Adobe mobile app AND send the PDF to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed it should work on mobiles, since it is promoted that Adobe mobile app is used for filling forms and signing as well.

I sent the "Distributed" form to the mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

So no support for UNC storage from mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, no support from Mac or Windows either, so far as I can see. This is an undocumented (useful) feature, see https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/31954819-undocum...

Also https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/two-submit-buttons/m-p/9422911?page=1

There may be a way to get the same effect on mobile, let's see if anyone knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I used. It works on PC. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines