• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit button submits to wrong email address

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form in Adobe DC Pro. I have configured a submit button to submit forms to a central email address followinga ll instructions in guides and it all looks fine but when user tries to submit the email has defaulted back to my email address - cant figure out why this is happening. Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Helen

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Hi

No they are definitely using submit button, I have distributed it to someone in my office and used their computer to complete and submit it myself and that is what I get!

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021
Don't use the Distribute command, just send it directly as an email
attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

ok thanks I will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen,

Hope you are doing well. 

Please check the following document and see if the steps have been performed correctly to change the email address or not.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html#add_a_submit_button

Once done, save the form using a different name and then check back.

If it still doesn't work, then please share the sample file with us, we'd like to test the same at our end. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

please find attached the form. The submit button taht is causing difficulty is right at the  end

thank you

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not generating an email to "nmpdu.midlands [at] hse.ie" when you click it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it generates email to helen.bohan2[at]hse.ie which is the email that I am sending it from. screenshot below is what user sees.

thank you

Helen

helenb84576261_0-1616242602375.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are using something else, not that button, then. Ask them to describe exactly what they're doing, or for a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No they are definitely using submit button, I have distributed it to someone in my office and used their computer to complete and submit it myself and that is what I get!

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the Distribute command, just send it directly as an email
attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks I will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the issue below last week and was given a solution which worked i.e. send the form buy email rather than use the distribute option. The form is now submitting to the correct address but becuase I didnt use the  Distribute wizard there is no response file to collect the data - can I manually create a response file 

Original issue

:

I have created a form in Adobe DC Pro. I have configured a submit button to submit forms to a central email address followinga ll instructions in guides and it all looks fine but when user tries to submit the email has defaulted back to my email address - cant figure out why this is happening. Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Helen

Thank you for your assistance with this

By @helenb84576261

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and No. The collected data can be combined into a CSV file. Just make sure you save all the files into the same folder so you have an original record of all the returned data.  It is also possible to write a script that would collect the data in a smarter way. But the response file created by the distribute process is much more than just the data, it is the product of a sophisticated server side managed process. provided for free by Adobe. It's actually a pretty sweet deal. When you sent by email, you are managing your own process, and in a much more primitive way. You don't have the server level control needed to produce all the info and functionality provided in the response file.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines