• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit Form button crashes Acrobat

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know if this is a bug with InDesign or Acrobat, but when exporting an Interactive PDF from Adobe InDesign, the "Submit Form" button crashes Acrobat. The button appears set up correctly. It's supposed to email the results of the form to an email address, but instead it crashes Adobe Acrobat..

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact crash message?

What exact version of Acrobat and Indesign (not "latest" please)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for responding...I'm using InDesign 16.0.2 and I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.013.20074

A little more detail on the crash: When I click the Submit Form button in Acrobat, I receive the error message "Expected a name object" and then Acrobat crashes. The button is set up correctly in InDesign. Clicking it is supposed to email the document. I forwarded the InDesign document to a co-worker, and she has the same error message and crash.... furthermore, I tried creating the Submit button directly in Acrobat and none of the form fields can be added to the document for some reason. This lends me to think the problem is with Acrobat, not InDesign...not sure.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm... I can't tell you the cause, but I can translate "expected a name object". Think of it as meaning "Help! Something in this PDF doesn't make sense, the PDF seems to be faulty". (That is, it's not complaining about a form field being filled in wrong or anything like that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines