• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit form button to email= bad parameter

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using DC Pro and have created a fillible form, my final step is to place a submit form button so i can send to my e-mail. I used the format "mailto:Email@website.com" but when I goto preview the document it states "BAD PARAMETER".  Is there a different format to use or has someone else had this problem and know a fix???

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Such error generally returns when there's a page or file (multiple file list) is corrupted. Or the email address used to collect the response is invalid.

Would you please try the same with a different PDF for testing? There are couple of possibilities, so you may try these workarounds-

1- Create a copy of the file or recreate the PDF using Ctrl+P or File>Print>Print to Adobe PDF>Save a copy using differnt name and then try to add button.

2- If there are Tags added in PDF then remove Tags.

• Click on "Tags".  A box will appear with the Tags icon in it.
  • Right click on the Tags icon and navigate to "Delete Tag".  Click on this button. 

3- If this is a secured document, then right click>Document properties>Security>change to No security.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same error and have been trying to fix for a while... 

also BTW 

i dont know if its just me but when I do this step 1

(1- Create a copy of the file or recreate the PDF using Ctrl+P or File>Print>Print to Adobe PDF>Save a copy using differnt name and then try to add button.)

It actually removes the functionality of the submit button?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is when I send the form to clients and they use the submit button, some clients have not issues submitting while others receive the bad parameter error. Can someone tell me why some can submit while others cannot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide more information, incuding how the submit button is setup and the PDF viewer the clients are using. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is setup as submit to email function is set up the same way it is listed in the instructions found in Adobe. As far as the PDF viewer the clients are using, I would not be able to tell you as we send questionnaires to many different clients working numberous programs across the state. So one can only assume that they are all not using the same viewer. I can tell you that we have tested it with staff that have Adobe Acrobat and those with only Adobe Reader and some with Reader can submit while other staff are unable to submit at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those staff that are unable to submit, is there any more information besides 'Bad Parameter'

Please post a screen shot of the Submit Action Dialog so we can see all the parameters used.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever fix this issue?  please inlighten me!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post this to a new thread and provide the details of  what you are doing (scripts, screenshots, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update? I've been trying to fix this issue for 3 hours with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please  provide the details of  what you are doing (scripts, screenshots, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully these help but this is the constant whether its a complicated submit form, or a simple test one as I've shown here. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.41.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.42.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.42.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.43.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 1.44.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No space is allowed in URLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll test it, as I've done it before with no spaces and gotten the same error. I'll update once I try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will also get the error (we sometimes see) if using Mailto: instead of mailto:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted the space, and switched up the capital "m" in mail for kicks, still keeps saying bad parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're URL is correct, then there's nothing obviously wrong with the submit action. At this point I would try a different Acrobat/Reader (on a different machine) to ensure it's not the particular install, and I'd try a different methodology (such as a JavaScript email) to ensure it's really an email issue. 

Also, look on the security tab in the document properties to see if there are any security restrictions listed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got in contact with support, they had me download an "Adobe cleaner" program. Then uninstall and reinstall. Doing this has fixed my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this today.  I removed the "tags" as suggested and it didn't solve the issue.  It was actually the Adobe reader program on the other users computer.  We uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe reader and then it started working.  Nothing wrong with the original form that had the 'submit' button on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Pro DC v2020.006.20041 (Continuous Release).

• I have a 7 page form. All tags have been removed per remediation suggestions provided earlier in this thread.
  • My submit but has two actions: Submit a form and Reset a form, in that order.
  • The Submit script Export format is: PDF The complete document
  • The URL is: mailto:legalfinancesupport@<domainname>.com (other domain names produce the same error)
  • All pages of the form have been examined for hidden objects and unintended artifacts...none were discovered.

There does not seem to be a reasonable explanation for the cause of Bad Parameter error when the Submit button is clicked.

In the past, the Submit button has always worked. The instance of the error was first observed when I combined separately working forms (5+2 pages) -- each with their own working Submit buttons. I thoroughly scrubbed the combined form and JavaScript across the 7 pages.

The debugger has not been useful in isolating the error -- it is clearly originating from the Submit Form Selections window when the Submit button is clicked. I have removed and replaced it. Same error. So, I created a new, blank single page form with a single Submit button (and nothing more). Same error. That suggests the errors' origination is unrelated to combining the two forms.

I now suspect the Adobe executable [binary] itself may be suspect. I have not uninstalled/reinstalled the application as it does not seem indicated.

I would love to hear thoughts from @Thom Parker or anyone with an action I can take to isolate the root cause of this error.

Thanks,

Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screen shot of the submit parameters? Althought I doubt this is the issue. 

It sounds like it could be a problem with Acrobat. 

Have you tried repairing the Acrobat installation or running the cleaner tool and re-installing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks Thom. I did run the Repair Installation command from the Help menu. It did not resolve the error. I am not familar with the cleaner tool so I searched and believe you're suggesting this URL for the cleaner tool?

I'll seek advisement from CISO /IT as to whether I can install that and try it.

Screen shots: (The Reset Form script includes all visible objects and properly executes after the Bad Parameter error is observed.

Dana23191478okjn_1-1645038895348.png

Dana23191478okjn_0-1645038588008.png

Very much appreociate your guidance.

Dana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like an error in Acrobat.  I think a clean re-install is your best bet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines