I am using DC Pro and have created a fillible form, my final step is to place a submit form button so i can send to my e-mail. I used the format "mailto:Email@website.com" but when I goto preview the document it states "BAD PARAMETER". Is there a different format to use or has someone else had this problem and know a fix???
Such error generally returns when there's a page or file (multiple file list) is corrupted. Or the email address used to collect the response is invalid.
Would you please try the same with a different PDF for testing? There are couple of possibilities, so you may try these workarounds-
1- Create a copy of the file or recreate the PDF using Ctrl+P or File>Print>Print to Adobe PDF>Save a copy using differnt name and then try to add button.
2- If there are Tags added in PDF then remove Tags.
3- If this is a secured document, then right click>Document properties>Security>change to No security.
I have this same error and have been trying to fix for a while...
i dont know if its just me but when I do this step 1
(1- Create a copy of the file or recreate the PDF using Ctrl+P or File>Print>Print to Adobe PDF>Save a copy using differnt name and then try to add button.)
It actually removes the functionality of the submit button??
did you ever fix this issue? please inlighten me!?
Please post this to a new thread and provide the details of what you are doing (scripts, screenshots, etc)
Has there been any update? I've been trying to fix this issue for 3 hours with no results.
Please provide the details of what you are doing (scripts, screenshots, etc)
Hopefully these help but this is the constant whether its a complicated submit form, or a simple test one as I've shown here.
No space is allowed in URLs.
I'll test it, as I've done it before with no spaces and gotten the same error. I'll update once I try it
You will also get the error (we sometimes see) if using Mailto: instead of mailto:
Deleted the space, and switched up the capital "m" in mail for kicks, still keeps saying bad parameter.
Also, look on the security tab in the document properties to see if there are any security restrictions listed.
Got in contact with support, they had me download an "Adobe cleaner" program. Then uninstall and reinstall. Doing this has fixed my issue.
I just ran into this today. I removed the "tags" as suggested and it didn't solve the issue. It was actually the Adobe reader program on the other users computer. We uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe reader and then it started working. Nothing wrong with the original form that had the 'submit' button on it.