• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitting a form to BOTH PDF and XML (XFDF)

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a client that has requested a few forms that will be sent out to their customers to be filled in and returned via a button on the PDF to submit the form. They have requested (ideally) that when the customer hits that button it would send both a filled out PDF form file as well as the data in XML format.

In the action settings for "Submit form" there is an option for each, but you can't select both in one action.

Is there any other other way to do this, or is it simply one or the other?

I did think of alternatively setting up a button "for office use only" that can export the data as XML/XFDF by the person receiving the completed PDF, but it doesn't look like I can choose that menu command as an option anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your idea about the person who receives the complete form exporting to a data file is the better approach. The export process can be initiated by JavaScript. If you need more help, post again.

Be aware that for the email submission process won't work for certain users, especially on mobile platforms and non-Acrobat/Reader users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm chasing a similar goal.  I've created the document for my field team and they submit it back as a PDF.  I'd like it to come back as both a PDF and XML.  

If I could batch download the field data as XML, that would kill the need.  I've tried actions to save as XML 1.0 but the field data doesn't save.  I'd really like to go a step farther and find a way to batch save only specific fields from multiple files as XML.  How can I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just add two separate submit commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines