• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitting a PDF online, and having it create a filled PDF

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fairly long PDF that customers need to fill out (See sample attached) - which is usually filled out by hand.

I would like this to be filled out online, and having the final PDF form (itself, not just the data) saved with the customer's info within the PDF, and then that PDF is sent to me via the server, or saved online for download.

I am open to using 3rd party hosted solutions.

Notes:

1) The PDF is currently not a fillable form, but i can create one with Acrobat.

2) is it possible to have one of the fields dynamically filled? for example - sample.pdf?e=adobe  would fill a certain field with the value 'adobe'?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various tools that can allow you to do that. Adobe has the PDF Open Parameters specification that allows you to pass an FDF file with form data to the PDF, or you can use a script, like this (paid-for) one I've created:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-populate-form-data-from-url

The problem with that approach is that it only works if the file is opened using the Adobe plugin in the browser, which now basically only works in IE, unfortunately.

Other solutions can involve a server-side script or application, but will not involve Acrobat, so it falls outside the scope of this forum. If you wish to discuss your options feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input and detailed reply. So basically, not doable within a cross browser scenario at all.

I am so surprised at that this cannot be done yte, in this day aand age and that Adobe has not pushed this forwards... its like the next natural step for Acrobat.

Will contact you, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They actually already implemented it a long time ago. The problem is that since then new PDF viewers have been created, and Adobe's PDF plugin has been pushed out by the browsers plugin policies (and also Adobe's refusal to adjust their plugin to work within those policies), so it's no longer working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines