• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitting pdf form with both fdf and pdf

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a pdf form and want to have the user submit both the full pdf form and selected fields in the one email.

The reason for this is so anyone in our team can take the fdf data and paste into a tracking document and also have the full form for filing requirements.

I've looked in forums and can't find anything that says how to do this. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not supported.

Is there a reason the people on your team can't use Acrobat to extract the form data as FDF and import it into the tracking document? There are other ways of moving the data from one form to another if that's not an option. It would be helpful if you provided more information, especially what PDF viewer the team members will be using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George_Johnson

Sorry, should have explained that. Most people wil be using Adobe Reader, rather than Acrobat. Very interested to hear the other options as this is not something I have done before.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With Reader, you can use a script to get the field values from the relevant fields and present them to the user in a particular format. An example is using a custom dialog to present field name/value pair in tab-delimited format that the user can then copy from. The tracking document would have a similar script that allows the user to paste what they just copied into a field on a custom dialog and the script could parse the data and populate the form fields in the document.

You could use regular form fields instead of custom dialogs. This would simplify the scripting but you'd then need an additional field on each document. Not a big deal, but less clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do it with two eMail submissions. The first one would be the FDF, and the second one the PDF. This could have the advantage to send the files to specific role eMail addresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxwyss , I would prefer a solution that only required one action, but hadn't thought about scripting two email submissions. I will look into this further, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripting will definitely work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines