• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab shows a name that isn't mine

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed (screenshot attached) that the tab for a document that I've opened has the title "Anthony J" on it.  This is a resume for myself, that I've been using for 30 years and updating as I need to.  How do I get the tab to show a different name?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (20.012.20041) is Live now and this takes care of this Feature Request.

For more Info refer here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

A new document preference is added to let you use the filename as the document title. By default, the preference is disabled. To enable the preference, go to Acrobat preferences, and click Documents in the left pane. Under Open Settings, select Alwa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

1. You are looking in the wrong place for the author. Look under File > Properties -- General.

2. You cannot change the author with Reader. Nor the open settings for other people. It isn't an editor, Adobe sell an editor but give away the free Reader.

3. If it HAS a document title, it was put there by the app that made the PDF. How do you make the PDF from your resume? We might know the trick of turning it off, even though it isn't an Adobe thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the tab shows a different name and you want to change the name on the tab.

It is the file name that is showing up in the tab. Please try to save the file with a different name and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Also, please make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20041 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not the issue - as shown by the screenshot I attached here.

adobe 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (20.012.20041) is Live now and this takes care of this Feature Request.

For more Info refer here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

A new document preference is added to let you use the filename as the document title. By default, the preference is disabled. To enable the preference, go to Acrobat preferences, and click Documents in the left pane. Under Open Settings, select Always Use Filename As Document Title.

Please update your Acrobat/Reader (It should Auto update or you should do Help -> Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You left me hanging with "how" to  access preferences, but I googled it and success!!!! Thank you for this info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind, though, this is YOUR preference. Because this is the document title, it will show that name for OTHER people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For that you can change it thorugh Document Properties -> Initial View -> Show "File name" and that will show the file name to all users

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you change the initial view with Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

We can't do that in Reader and that is what this new Preference that i've specified above could work for Reader users as well to show the file name instead of the title.

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - so How do I change the initial vew with Adobe Acrobat Reader then, instead of just showing the preference for how I want to see it-?

I want everyone to see the file name, not the guys name that I paid 30 years ago, to write my original resume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You are looking in the wrong place for the author. Look under File > Properties -- General.

2. You cannot change the author with Reader. Nor the open settings for other people. It isn't an editor, Adobe sell an editor but give away the free Reader.

3. If it HAS a document title, it was put there by the app that made the PDF. How do you make the PDF from your resume? We might know the trick of turning it off, even though it isn't an Adobe thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!  Thank you for that suggestion.  I went into the Word program and right clicked file, clicked properties and went through the tabs and found the DETAILS tab, and in that tab, I was able to change the Title under that tab to Tammy.  

Then, I saved the Word document as a PDF, and opened it up and voila!  I looked under the document properties tab and where it had said Anthony J before, it now said Tammy 🙂 Success!

Thank you for your help!

adobe 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the initial view with Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines