Exit

tagged bookmarks

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat's help manual says this:

Add tagged bookmarks

Tagged bookmarks give you greater control over page content than do regular bookmarks. Because tagged bookmarks use the underlying structural information of the document elements (for example, heading levels, paragraphs, table titles), you can use them to edit the document, such as rearranging their corresponding pages in the PDF or deleting pages. If you move or delete a parent tagged bookmark, its children tagged bookmarks are moved or deleted along with it.

Does this mean if I reorder tagged bookmarks it will reorder pages in the .pdf? If not, what does it mean? How do I add tagged bookmarks if the document doesn't have any structure? What kind of structure do I need to add?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Hello Patrickivy,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused.

Many desktop publishing applications, such as Adobe InDesign® and Microsoft Word, create structured documents. When you convert these documents to PDF, the structure is converted to tags, which support the addition of tagged bookmarks. Converted web pages typically include tagged bookmarks.

If your document doesn’t include tags, you can always add them in Acrobat.

•     In the Bookmarks panel, choose New Bookmarks From Structu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Patrickivy,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused.

Many desktop publishing applications, such as Adobe InDesign® and Microsoft Word, create structured documents. When you convert these documents to PDF, the structure is converted to tags, which support the addition of tagged bookmarks. Converted web pages typically include tagged bookmarks.

If your document doesn’t include tags, you can always add them in Acrobat.

•     In the Bookmarks panel, choose New Bookmarks From Structure from the options menu. (If this option isn’t available, the document isn’t structured.)
  •     Select the structure elements you want to be specified as tagged bookmarks. Ctrl-click to add to the selection.

The tagged bookmarks are nested under a new, untitled bookmark.

You may also refer to Page thumbnails and bookmarks in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

If this does not fulfill your requirement, you can file a feature request through Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have a problem while converting a .docx file into a pdf with Acrobat Pro DC.

I want to keep the original fonts and create a structure with bookmarks.

Acrobat create the bookmarks out of the format templates in the Word file properly, but the fonts are replaced by similar ones.

To fix this, I have tried the option "Embed fonts" in the Word Sharing preferences. Now the fonts are the original ones in the pdf – but the bookmarks aren't created any more. Also the option "New bookmarks from strucure" is not available.

Is there a fix for this?

Best

Philipp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines