Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tagget annotations - Incorrect in digitally signed document

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys!!

As you know, a digitally signed document cannot be modified, but when passing the accessibility checker the error Tagged annotations - Incorrect appears as an accessibility problem.

So how can you work around this to make the document accessible?

Than you very much!!

See you!!!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix first, sign second. There is no exception that allows you to make essential changes after signing, no matter how important or legally required they are. This isn't just a software thing; signatures are designed to self destruct if you change the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Although the question was not directed to the modification of the document once signed, but the signature itself.

If you have a fully accessible and saved document, when the signature is made, it is not detected as accessible because for some reason it is not labeled.

Acrobat should automatically tag this signature and it doesn't, this causes this document to have accessibility problems later.

Any ideas to fix this?

See you !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, thanks for the extra details. Signing should be essentially neutral - tagging and structure preserved. It may be the app or method used to sign - please tell us the exact app & version, and what method you follow to sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I have a document without accessibility problems, except that the two common notices of contrast and reading order (it's in Spanish). You can see the picture:

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-30 a las 18.22.22.png

When we sign the document with the options

Tools - Certificates - Digitally Sign

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-30 a las 18.26.56.png

And I pass accessibility again, you can see one accesibility problem because the signature is not tagded 🙂

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-30 a las 18.31.59.png

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't get another answer, I'd suggest turning off signature appearances (which I consider a terrible mistake of Adobe's - much better if there were never any appearances). I imagine the appearances are being added untagged - after all, how could the app know where in the tagging tree they belong....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I'm sorry

What do you mean by "signature appearances"?

What is it for and how is it done?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines