• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical support virtually no existent, Acrobat causing "internal Error" will not open

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not seem to find any option for customer support. Even signing in to my account I could not initially do, as it was not sending verification codes to email address. Downloader Authenticator App and that requires a QR code which I have no idea how to find. Hardly intuitive for a leading  software company that is supposed to enable the design of these very user digital interaction.

Finally I got logged in, I think through my Google account. 

Getting down to the technical issue now, I can not open Adobe Acrobat, it creates an "internal Error" in windows when I try and open it

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past couple of years, Adobe has slowly eliminated its customer and technical support options for us customers.

• 1-800 phone number no longer gets answered.
  • Emails go unanswered.
  • Most of the "help" suport webpages have been removed from their website, replaced by newbie-level tutorials like "How to start a new document."
  • And only a few Adobe employees remain on this user-to-user forum. The rest here are either ACP volunteers who are invited to answer questions in this forum, or users of Adobe's products

To me, it's poor business policy to sell a premium product at a premium price and not provide any means of customers getting tech support on it.

Suggestions:

1. See if you can spot an Adobe Employee in one of this forum's posts. Their name will have the red Adobe logo in it, and say "Adobe Employee" (and not "Adobe Community Professional" or anything similar, look for the logo).
    Adobe-Logo-500x156.png
  2. If you're an employee of a government agency, corporation, or other type of institution with an IT department, have them use their clout to get ahold of someone at Adobe. They often have a direct email or phone contact to Adobe.
  3. File a complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission, which moderates fair business practices in the US. I wouldn't call what you experienced "fair" at all!
  4. File a complaint with your state's attorney general, consumer protection agency, or whatever office moderates fair business practices in your state.
  5. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. https://www.bbb.org/

All of the above are your consumer rights in the US.

If you're in a different country, you might have other options...or none at all.

Design + Accessibility | Author | Designer | Programmer | Trainer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find all the phone numbers and hours for Adobe Customer Support at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html 

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully, someone at Adobe will answer the phone and answer the question!

Design + Accessibility | Author | Designer | Programmer | Trainer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines