• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Appears Behind Pop-Up Boxes in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document I created in InDesign that features rollover pop-up boxes. However, when I export the file as a PDF and view it in Acrobat, some of the text boxes I used as buttons to activate the pop-up boxes appears to bleed through the pop-up boxes. It doesn't happen with all text and pop-up boxes. Has anyone experienced this before and know of a solution to get it to stop? The linked text opens the pop-up box when you roll over it, and the pop-up box disappears once you roll out of the pop-box. That all seems to work fine. It's just the link text bleeding through the pop-up box that is the problem.Pop-Up Box.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you activating the pop up function? Are these form fields or annotations? What is the trigger element? Is it a link or a for field? If it's something you can hide, you may want to do that on the mouse enter event, and then show it again when the mouse leaves the area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've encountered a similar issue when I created a tool that shows "popup" images when you hover over key phrases.

This happens because you can't set the z-order index of fields, so if they overlap you can't predict which one is going to be on top. The solution is to hide the other fields when showing the pop-up, and make them visible again when hiding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines