Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box duplicating/text

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Created a booklet that includes editable fields (ex: replace <NAME> with the actual person's name). When I edit the PDF's editable fields, save and then send to someone else and they open the document (using anything other than Adobe), the text duplicates. See attached image.

Any help would be appreciated!Text box duplicate.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing a sample of the file?  And is this form using any JavaScript?

From looking at the screenshots that seems not to be related to a  problem with how the PDF was created usingAcrobat Pro DC. 

That seems to be more related to how whatever free PDF viewers those users are opening the file with (i.e. web browsers, or mac Preview) is rendering the PDF.

Instruct the users to use Adobe Reader DC which is free to download and use.

Check if they experience the same problem with Adobe Reader DC and also test with the Acrobat Reader mobile app for tablets and mobile devices and verify if you get the same problem 

If you get the same results with Adobe Reader DC or with the mobile app,  report back the issue here so that an Adobe representative can look into thi or contact Adobe Customer Care directly to open a support case ticket. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I tested with Adobe Reader DC and it was totally fine. This issue is, these documents are sent out to clients and we cannot control how they open the file. 

Is there something we should be doing before sending it to the client? Exporting it or locking it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is sent by email I would add a notice in the mail message that this PDF may not render properly if it is viewed in web browsers or other free PDF viewers; acknowledge that the file has been tested to open fine in Reader DC and if the experience any rendering issues with other viewers they must download and install the free Adobe Reader DC.

And yes you can set passwords for both encryption and to restrict editing.

After you do that, I think the next  most important step is how you're saving the file.

So maybe instead of just doing a regular "Save As"  use   "Save As Other"  to allow Reader enabled rights in this form.

This may not have anything to do with how the form should be rendered in other viewers, but it may improve the issue since it allows to open  and work with the  PDF in older versions of Reader itself and sometimes with other third-party viewers. 

See slide below:

readerenabled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines