Highlighted

text box is not printing?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat X Pro version 10.1.16. When adding in a text box into a PDF, the text box will not print?

Topics

Print and prepress, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

text box is not printing?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat X Pro version 10.1.16. When adding in a text box into a PDF, the text box will not print?

Topics

Print and prepress, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christenerhello,

If you have created this form. You can go to form prepare mode or Edit form. 

Right click on that text field> Properties> General. There is drop down Form Field, make sure it is not set to "Visible but not Print."

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tariq Dar, I do not have that feature. I have made sure to run the latest updates, but I cannot get a text box to print. I have also made sure to keep the opacity at 100%. Any other ideas? Thank you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I was referring to text box properties of a Form field. It seems you are using text box under comments.

Is it possible for you to share the form/pdf with us? You may use Google drive or DropBox or Adobe Send. 

Also, can you try installing Reader DC and try to print using Reader?

If you don't want to share the file publically you may use private message How Do I Send Private Message 

-Tariq Dar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print dialog select "Document and Markups".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a text box

Properly naming things always saves time…

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out. I had the same problem.You just go to File, Print, then under Comment & Forms you click on "Document and Markups"

Works like a charm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Acrobat Pro 2017 and can print Form Field content only if Field Only is chosen, not Documents and Markup. Additionally, in Text Field Properties > General > Common Properties > Form Field is set to Visible. No luck. Finally, I am also not able to print image under advanced print options as this option is grayed out. Thanks in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF