• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box loses focus when editing Adobe DC

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across a bizarre and frustrating problem when trying to edit text in Adobe DC but could not find any other posts on this issue in the community. The problem happens when using the Edit PDF tool and clicking in a box of text. It only allows one key press (including actual characters AND navigation key such as arrows or backspace). After pressing any single key, the program does not recognize any additional keyboard input unless I again click in the same box and press a single key. It is behaving as though the text box loses focus after every keystroke, although the bounding box remains selected with the dark blue border, and the now useless cursor continues to blink merrily away. Note that the editing I'm talking about is  extremely light, simply changing a couple of letters or words well within the scope of what this software was designed to do. I am running Windows 10 with  Continuous Release v. 2020.006.20042. Appreciate any help in the matter!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Dear Amal, thank you for the reply. In this instance a simple reboot solved the issue. Should I run across it again in the future and reboot doesn't work, I'll hang onto these notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jderhake

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the text box loses focus on editing the PDF file

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

As you have the latest version of the application running on Windows 10, please try to repair the installation from the help menu and repairing the installation. and see if that helps.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click Ok 

If it still doesn't work

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal, thank you for the reply. In this instance a simple reboot solved the issue. Should I run across it again in the future and reboot doesn't work, I'll hang onto these notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed. 

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it keeps coming back constantly. Rebooting helps only temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing happening and it is super frustrating. It seems that some program (have closed a lot down to test and haven't found it yet) is stealing the focus away from Adobe Acrobat. It happens on multiple files and sometime multiple times a day after reboots. This has been going on for probably well over a year. I have updated and reinstalled but no difference. It is very strange that I use the same programs every day but some days it works fine and other days I have to restart several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Please share your version of the application. To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I am not alone with this. I am joining the thread to see what transpires and if I can add to the discussion more meaningfully I will. Agreed its odd behavior, and I too can confirm that it appears as if another application or window is stealing the focus away but only while the text edit is actively running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines