Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box resize handles replaced with rotate text box function

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text box in question was created using the Edit PDF > Add Text function:

I had to zoom in on the screen to not give away sensitve info in the document I was working on, but in the attahced screenshot, I circled the 'resize' handle at the edge of my text box.  I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THE RESIZE CURSOR TO APPEAR... THE ONLY OPTION AVAILABLE TO ME IS TO ROTATE THE TEXT BOX. I get this on ALL 9 of the resize handles... why did this change? Who asked for this? Is the rotate function at the top of the text box not enough? why is rotate an option from EVERY handle? where did the resize function go? How can I resize the text box now? How can I turn this back so these handles resize and not rotate?

Anyone else find this frustrating.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES INDEED. I often need to resize a text box using the middle resize handle on the side of ta text box and that is now an almost impossible task. 

No matter how carefully I try to position the cursor in the right position, I can never get the horizontal arrow option that will allow me to simply increase the width of the text box. I either get the rotate option or the move icon but almlost never the one option that I need. 

I cannot understand why any programmer would think that this is desirable functionality. 

The only way around this is to mirror the Windows Monitor onto my Ipad Pro and use the Apple pencil to resize the text boxes.

It has become so irritating that I am now actively trying to find a program to replace Adobe Acrobat.  

This issue was posted a YEAR AGO now and still the problem persists. Please could someone escalate this issue and bring it to the attentions of someone at Adobe who might actually care about this enough to do something about it. 

Thanks

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines