Highlighted

Text boxes not letting me type

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit a document in Adobe Acrobat I choose "Edit PDF" and then click on a text box. The cursor appears in the text box and I can perform only one or two actions before it stops letting me make any changes. I can backspace, type a letter, arrow the cursor over, press enter, but once I do one of these things the text box is no longer editable. If I make a new text box I can type a couple letters really fast before the box freezes. I can paste text into the boxes.

I uninstalled and re-installed to the latest version, I checked to make sure there were no privacy settings enabled, and I created a fresh document and this still happens. This happens on huge documents and small documents. I have no forms in these documents either.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text boxes not letting me type

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit a document in Adobe Acrobat I choose "Edit PDF" and then click on a text box. The cursor appears in the text box and I can perform only one or two actions before it stops letting me make any changes. I can backspace, type a letter, arrow the cursor over, press enter, but once I do one of these things the text box is no longer editable. If I make a new text box I can type a couple letters really fast before the box freezes. I can paste text into the boxes.

I uninstalled and re-installed to the latest version, I checked to make sure there were no privacy settings enabled, and I created a fresh document and this still happens. This happens on huge documents and small documents. I have no forms in these documents either.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Celeste,

Can you please let us know EXACTLY which version of Acrobat you have (and what release)?

Also, can you please let us know what your operating system is (and what release)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat says Continuous Release | Version 2020.012.20043

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system
Version 1809 OS build 17763.1397

My computer isn't awesome but I did a factory reset maybe 8 months ago so
it isn't too bloated with random stuff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0