Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text callout boxes and highlighting tools

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

REALLY I have been searching and trying all sorts of things tofigure out why 2 of my favorite tools in Acrobat no longer seem to be there.

First is the Text Callout Box. I cannot find it anywhere. Really. I have looked in all of the tools. I don't see the Drawing tool option that is often mentioned. Yes, I have looked under commenting. There, I can add a text box. But I want to use the callout box. And I don't want a sticky note. I want it there on the screen as soon as the PDF is opened. I've been using it for years and don't understand what happened.

I also like to be able to highlight things. But lately, I can only seem to freeform highlight whereas before I was able toneatly highlight a row of text. It's messy. And then asks for a comment. What happened to just the simple highlight?

I am using Acrobat Pro DC, Ver 2020.006.20034.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

I know some changes have been made to the highlight tool that other users have complained about, but I think maybe you need to check your commenting preferences. Sounds like the comment popup behavior pref is different than you are used too.

The callout tool is still there: 

TEst.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know some changes have been made to the highlight tool that other users have complained about, but I think maybe you need to check your commenting preferences. Sounds like the comment popup behavior pref is different than you are used too.

The callout tool is still there: 

TEst.png

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was hunting and hunting for it. Found it in the menu bar under the "Drawing Tools" pulldown. (Why not next to the text box tool?!) "Expand" to put it in the menu bar permanently.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where is the solution to the highlighter issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines