Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text changing when printing to Adobe PDF

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a standard process where an engineering assistant prints drawings from Autodesk Design Review to PDF.

Today in several PDF's we have found text has changed.  We are not sure why we since we have been using this process daily for 6 or 7 months now.  Please see attached images for a better description, I circled the text that changed.

DWFX_BEFORE_PDF.PNGDWFX_AFTER_PDF.PNG

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to PDF probably results in fonts not being properly embedded. Try saving as, or exporting to PDF from Autodesk.

Upon re-reading your post, I see I assumed you were printing to PDF, at any rate, check the settings to insure you are embedding the fonts. If necessary, you can run an Acrobat preflight fixup to embed the fonts, that might fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is very likley an issue that can be cured by embedding the relevant font. See here for more information: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/default-font-changing-to-unreadable-characters-in-adobe-2015-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines