Highlighted

text field properties will not allow me to add a border

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a border color and line thickness to text field boxes on a pdf form. Acrobat Pro DC will not change the color from transparent and will not allow me to add a border. Both "Line Color" and "Line Thickness" remain greyed out. Is there an issue with this feature in Acrobat? Thanks.

The fix for this issue has been officially rolled out with latest Acrobat update

More details here: 19.008.20071 Planned update, October 02, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

TOPICS
Macintosh, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

text field properties will not allow me to add a border

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a border color and line thickness to text field boxes on a pdf form. Acrobat Pro DC will not change the color from transparent and will not allow me to add a border. Both "Line Color" and "Line Thickness" remain greyed out. Is there an issue with this feature in Acrobat? Thanks.

The fix for this issue has been officially rolled out with latest Acrobat update

More details here: 19.008.20071 Planned update, October 02, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

TOPICS
Macintosh, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2017 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the High Sierra OS? If so, this is a known bug. Hopefully Adobe will release an update soon that will solve it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 2
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is Adobe no longer issuing bus fixes for Acrobat DC/CC products? This is the second annoying bug I've come across that the official statement is just, "Yeah, we know," with no indication there might be any forthcoming fix.

As far as I can tell, the issue of DC on Windows always showing the online services window, and the preference for turning it off not "taking" has existed since the release of DC.

And High Sierra has been around in public beta for a very long time and released for well over a month—way long enough for a fix for a bug as serious as not being able to control the appearance of form objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Adobe should have fixed this bug long ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When could Adobe DC fix this bug?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really could do with this bug fix please!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2018 0
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this bug. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - please fix this bug...my main use of Acrobat is to mark up documents and "circling" items with objects is a critical function.  It seems that once you set a color for an object type, it's irreversible.  You can vary color to your heart's content, but there is no way to deselect or make transparent a color fill or stroke.  Turning opacity down for either fill or stroke only does both together - so you can make a fully transparent oval...which is not much use.  I tried removing and re-installing the software to reset the properties settings, but the re-install recalled my previous settings...so now polygons and circles are only useful to me if I want a fill color...and squares and bubbles I am "saving" in their transparent fill state as a workaround.

This is pretty basic functionality for PDF's...please resolve quickly (obviously I'm barking at the moon as I note the initial post from almost 2 months ago....)

I am using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do the following to edit the appearance of the button:

My issue was I needed a transparent button to place on top a nice layout form:

So I had to take a screen shot of the layout button area

then on button settings >>Options tab

Layout >> select Icon Only

then on Icon >> Choose icon >> click on Browse >>select image

After that:

Go to the Appearance tab >> click on Fill Color

Click on the Eye drop icon and click on your pdf area color around your button so it blends in

See Screen shots:

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 10.04.37 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2018 1