• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text field top alignment to have a paragraph submission in a form.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a form, the text field is not aligning text with the top of the box to create a full paragraph. It aligns the text in the middle and only fills half the box when I need to user to have space to fill in an entire paragraph. How can I fix this to move the text up and use all the space? Help, please!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

If that's the Cambria font, it is known to be buggy and has this behavior in fields. Other fonts should work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable the multi-line option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is enabled and allows for multiple lines. It doesn't fill the entire text field starting at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's always going to be a certain margin between the text and the border of the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? That is unfortunate. It is about 3 lines worth of text that is not able to be utilized. And from an aesthetic standpoint, it looks silly being that far below the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it looks like this:

Bild108.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot. It's usually not such a large margin, as Bernd's screenshot shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Bernd's is definitely what I am going for but I get this above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file in question with us? Also, try clearing the field, exiting it (clicking elsewhere on the page), and then entering a new value in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a other font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the Cambria font, it is known to be buggy and has this behavior in fields. Other fonts should work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the font fixed it. That is the last thing I would have thought to change. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been trying for hours to find a solution to the this problem with no luck. I came across this forum and of course I using Cambria. I changed the font like you suggested and it fixed the problem.  Good grief, how did you even figure that out?  You saved my sanity though, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines