• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text get duplicated on form fields when combining PDF forms

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help with Acrobat. If you look at my screenshot below, You will see the left tab for all of my Light plots, permits, 1 scanned (non-fill & sign PDF), and 1 signed (fill & sign) PDF

Capture.PNG

If I try to add the TOMO LOCATION Fill and Signed PDF using "Combine Files".....it takes out all of the data on the added PDF and uses repeated data from the Fill &Sign PDF already in the stack.

Meaning.....the address you see below changes into the address on the other form already in the Flood_Jon_Week1 file....

Does anyone know if there is maybe a way to get around this by saving this Fill & Sign single PDF above as a final copy? Meaning remove the Purple Boxes and keep the address and "TOMOS HOUSE" permanent? Then maybe I can add it that way?

Perhaps I just take a screenshot of the whole thing? But then it doesn't look professional with the purple boxes.

Any help would be great so I can get this packet turned in!?

thanks, everyone!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As I understand, you are referring that the text filled in the form fields on one of the PDF forms replicates on the PDF form (TOMO LOCATION) when you combine the forms to a single PDF. If yes, then the reason for that is: The name set up for the form fields on both forms are the same. So, when you combine both the PDFs it becomes one and this is a known behavior for the PDF forms.

In this case, you will need to change the name of t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As I understand, you are referring that the text filled in the form fields on one of the PDF forms replicates on the PDF form (TOMO LOCATION) when you combine the forms to a single PDF. If yes, then the reason for that is: The name set up for the form fields on both forms are the same. So, when you combine both the PDFs it becomes one and this is a known behavior for the PDF forms.

In this case, you will need to change the name of the form fields in one of the PDF forms.

You can change the form field's name using the Prepare form tool.

- Open the PDF in Acrobat and go to Tools > Prepare Form.

- Double click on the form field to open the Field Properties window.

- Go to the General tab and change the Name.

- Click on the Close button to save the changes.

Hope the information helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines