• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text invisible, but it's here?

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is not an Adobe problem (text in invisible in other programs too), but I feel like there should be way to fix it in Acrobat.

So as the image shows text is there - if I select it and copy it, and after that paste it I will get a text that is missing. But it is just not visible on PDF. I'm not sure what caused this problem, but I have it (and others with the same PDF file).

Is there any way to fix this in Acrobat to make text visible? Edit text -> Change color doesn't work (it is already black in settings, even though text is not visible).

image.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

I figured it out. The way I did it was Preflight -> Create different layers for vector, text, images -> Delete images layer.

In that way, I removed all added white squares but also lost all images in the text. Luckily in my case, it was just 5-10 images so I just manually returned them from the backed-up file, and saved it.

As for what was the point of covering it - after removing the cover it seems that the student that originally shared this book for our lecture wanted to hide his IP (because a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: After some more digging it appears as someone added white squares to all pages.

Is there any way to automatically delete all of them or I need to go one by one? Tnq!

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, if these white squares are annotations, then they can be selected en-mass in the Comments panel. If they are part of the content, which your screen shot would seem to indicate, then no. What you need to do is edit the original document and then convert to PDF.

So what was the point of covering up this text, was it supposed to be redacted instead?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. The way I did it was Preflight -> Create different layers for vector, text, images -> Delete images layer.

In that way, I removed all added white squares but also lost all images in the text. Luckily in my case, it was just 5-10 images so I just manually returned them from the backed-up file, and saved it.

As for what was the point of covering it - after removing the cover it seems that the student that originally shared this book for our lecture wanted to hide his IP (because at the bottom there is his name and IP from which book was downloaded from the publisher). But he did a bad job and covered too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They should have redacted instead. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines