Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is SUDDENLY not showing in ACROBAT PRO DC

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help please? 

While editing a PDF created in powerpoint's pdf, suddenly half of the text in most of the pages dissappeared, or turned another color. This happened AFTER already editing some pages for an hour. 

Now when I open acrobat it does not show some text in other documents too.

What has happened? and how can I fix it? 

I have windows 10, and acrobat pro dc.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Looking at the description given above, it seems to be a problem with multiple pdf open within Acrobat? Also, it looks like you are unable to see half of the document's text recently? If yes, then you may try the following suggestions-

1- Reboot Acrobat as well as your system once (do save all the work before you proceed)

2- Launch Acrobat and check for the update. Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

3- Repair installation Open Acrobat>Help>Repair Installation

4- If none of the solution works, then-

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Enhanced Security" and "Protected View">OK>Reboot Acrobat.

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of this did NOT work. The text is not showing in all of the pages. I have no idea why. The program is brand new. It was my first time using it when it happened. It happened an hour after first use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KasiaFarkas did anyone ever respond to you about this issue?

Im having a similar problem with some of my slides. How did you finally solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there, i have the same problem when I save as my ppt to pdf and open it to Acrobat reader DC, most of the text are not visible. Here is the solution:

Navigate to Edit> preferences> accessbility, and then uncheck the "Replace Document Colors", then OK.

Its Done....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a charm. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks A LOT. Just purchased this BRAND NEW  and after hours of doing all of this work the same thing happened to me. 

Thank you so MuCh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I suddenly started having this issue and could not figure out why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text is SUDDENLY not showing in ACROBAT PRO DC-  I have the same problem.

And struggled with it a lot

The only work around I found is when I open the pdf in Acrobat Reader DC - it is showing text I add. 

I hope they come with an update to rectify the issue. It is difficult to keep moving back and forth between reader and PRO DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is also happening to me - text is not appearing. It is there as I can highlight it. My current work around was to copy a block of text from somewhere else in document, paste into space I wanted to type into then edit it. Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issues.  I have tried all of the solutions discussed herein to no avail.  Are there any other possible solutions.  Windows 10 with Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue for the first time today, and tried all the suggestions posted here. Finally got Acrobat Pro DC to work after completely uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to follow up with my post. On a new session, Acrobat Pro DC failed again to compile a Word document to PDF; the graphics showed up but the text around it did not. I was able to successfully compile the document from Word to PDF by using the Print option instead of the Export option. The Distiller successfully compiled my Word document to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Pro DC 3 hours ago and have the same issue. I thought this would be faster than using Paint to do this manually. 3 hours later... I am in the same place I started with no text showing up. The point of downloading this and installing it was so that I could modify PDF documents. False advertisement? I don't have time to trouble shoot another 3 hours. Waste of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Tried everything and only solution seems to be opening the document in Reader.  Please share if anyone has solved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the color of the text other than white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the font.  It does that to me ALL THE TIME!  So freakin annoying.  You may still get some weird characters appearing, not sure what that is about but at least your text is back.  (well, it was for me!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me--nothing else worked. If this is a bug in this software, it is maddening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines