Highlighted

Text won't line up

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with Adobe for a while but never had this problem. After writing several pages in two columns of text, I push save and each text box is broken into smaller and uneven text boxes.  Also, the justification is altered.  How do I keep the entire text in its original box? How do I solve the justification issue?

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.40.54 PM.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Yes. That's seems OK.

There's not much else that can be done about it, I'm afraid.

The best way to edit such files is to go back to the original file used to create the PDF, edit it and then create a new PDF file.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text won't line up

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with Adobe for a while but never had this problem. After writing several pages in two columns of text, I push save and each text box is broken into smaller and uneven text boxes.  Also, the justification is altered.  How do I keep the entire text in its original box? How do I solve the justification issue?

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.40.54 PM.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Yes. That's seems OK.

The best way to edit such files is to go back to the original file used to create the PDF, edit it and then create a new PDF file.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing static text is always going to be tricky and risky. It might work perfectly on one file, and be a complete mess on another.

What version of Acrobat are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Is this the information you requested?

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 2.38.56 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 0
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's seems OK.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the effort.  I think it's a bad bug for Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant believe this issue is over 2 years old, I'm having exactly the same issue. Its not on a file converted to PDF but made with Adobe Acrobat. I use Adobe for a CV since it handles positions of text boxes much better than word. With issues like these I will never use Adobe Acrobat again. It messed up my document big time and its unsolvable (over 2 years!! seriously?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat to create files from scratch is a VERY bad idea and a recipe for headaches and problems, exactly like the one described above. It is NOT an authoring tool, like Word, and should not be attempted to be used as such. Create your CV in Word or InDesign or a similar app, then convert it to PDF using Acrobat when done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0