• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the document could not be saved. A file I/O error has occured [2014]

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error every now and then when I am working on a PDF and then go to save it. It is on a Windows 7 PC. It will not even let me try to save it as a different file name either.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Winner winner!  Clearing up file space solved this issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gohan201,

Let us know if this addresses the issue:

• In Acrobat, choose to Edit > Preferences.
  • Go to the Page Display panel.
  • Uncheck Use 2D Graphics acceleration.
  • Click OK.

Regards,

Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

I do not have the option "Use 2D graphics acceleration" 😞

I am using Adobe Acrobat 7.1.3. Pro purchased several years ago.

Create a file with 800 .jpg files.

Just a year ago everything was all right.

I have about 60 GB free disk space.

Can this option be anywhere else or can you solve my problem?

Please help.

Best wishes,

Chris

(I do not speak English and I used google translator - I hope it can be read what I wrote)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another option because I do not have anything like use 2D Graphics acceleration in my adobe page display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Problem sloved, when I click “use system setting” in Resolution.  I also can't find the “2D Graphic”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same error message will pop up if there isn't enough space, rather than giving you a more specific (and more helpful) error message of "Disk full." I just ran into this when trying to save a combined PDF, but after we deleted a few gigs worth of files from the network drive, we were able to save with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winner winner!  Clearing up file space solved this issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I too cleared the space, I could save the file, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this issue randomly for two weeks and it's definitely slowing down work. I have plenty of space available, so not it for me. I tried the change the resolution settings and see if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get the same message.  am working remotely during covid.

try to save to my computer, to agency network, and to one drive.

nothing works.  granted it is a large file.  i have spent the last two days commenting on a construction document set so i can share with the consultants prior to submittal to local DOT.  

any more ideas please?

thank you,

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"nothing works"

What have you tried that doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kat09 wrote:

nothing works.  granted it is a large file.  i have spent the last two days commenting on a construction document set

One thing you can try to protect your comments is to export them to an FDF file. They can then be imported into a copy of the document (or the same file). Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/importing-exporting-comments.html

If the new document is the same but someone has done a Save As and given it a new name, you may get an error message. Import anyway if you know it's really the same file.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love a solution to this as well. File space is not the issue -- I have over 114 GB free where I'm trying to save my PDF. Just got the error message, Adobe crashed, and I lost hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening after a Mac OS update. Microsoft windows also cannot save, giving the same error. Same as everyone else lost hours of work, and am on a deadline. Not sure what to do. Save to different locations, different names, restart the computer, shut down and cold start... any other things we should be doing that we are not aware of? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a 4MB PDF on a drive with 242GB of free space and I am getting this same error. It's not a space issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on a Mac running Acrobat Pro DC 2022.002.20191  on macOS Monterey 12.5.

Seems to happen randomly. 

Can't save to the HD with 750GB available or an AFP connect NAS with multiple terabytes available. Definitely not a space issue. 

Quitting out of Creative Cloud seems to have fixed the issue, but that could be a once off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned I cleared the space in my system, I could save the file.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this issue as well on Acrobat 9. I just resolved it. I do not have a storage space issue as I have 2 more terrabytes of storage. I do not have "use 2d acceleration" as an option under preferences>display panel. I do have something called "use page cache". I unchecked this and the pdf I was working on all came back. Granted, I cannot save it still at this point. But I was able to print it out at least and scan it back in...saving my 2 hours of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines