Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document could not be saved. A number is out of range. Error

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

I am receiving this error when I edit a PDF that was converted from Excel. I have done this same process for over a year without a problem. It just started today.

I am using the same quote template in Excel and adding a client logo and image to the PDF in Acrobat after it has been converted. When I try and save it with the changes I get this error. "

The document could not be saved. A number is out of range.

"

I tried deleting the file and recreating it in excel then converting it to PDF but I am still getting the same error.

How do I fix this?

Thank you,

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are not able to reproduce the issue at our end on latest Acrobat version.

Please share the Acrobat version and OS details.

Moreover if possible please share a sample PDF file.

For details about sharing, have a look at this link Share files online with Adobe Acrobat

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya gauravs43202023, I have the same error message on the latest version of Acrobat DC on OSX. Let me give you a little more info for bug-hunting:

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 19.8.20080.306727

AGM: 4.30.81

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.41572

Steps to reproduce:

- Download this blank form file Dropbox - PFS.pdf

- Open it in acrobat

- Immediately Save As a PDF with another name, default settings. You can make changes / fill the form or not, it doesn't matter

- Expected to successfully save a copy, got this "a number is out of range" error message instead.

I also tried un-checking "Save As optimizes for Fast Web View" as some forum comments elsewhere suggest, but this didn't help for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the problem by deleting an image I had embedded into the bottom of the excel file. This was not an ideal solution but it did fix my problem.

Hope that helps you.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also ran into this issue on Mac, was able to resolve by opening the PDF with the "Preview" application then saving back to PDF. The new PDF format could be edited in Adobe without error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried this, it didn't work at first. I continued merging two documents in Preview and was able to open and save the merged document in Acrobat (even though the two separate files had this error). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error and I extracted each individual page and then combined them back into one document and was able to save the binder without any futher problems.   Luckily my document was only three pages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same error. This is what worked:

1. Rename the original pdf.

2. Open with... Google Chrome.

3. Print --> Save as PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines