• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (105).

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just registered and installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I cannot save PDF files.

I decided to try the trial period because I was so frustrated with the lack of functionality in Adobe Reader.  I need to be able to sign documents, and even when DC reader works, it takes minutes to open a single document.

First, I uninstalled DC Reader.  That took about a half hour.

Next I signed up for the trial period.  I was surprised that Acrobat was so difficult to download.  I had to attempt a few browser tricks before I could even start the download.

After finally installing Acrobat Pro, I was unable to save PDF files.  I've tried multiple files and tried saving them to new locations, but I get the same error.

To add insult to injury, I couldn't contact tech support because I haven't registered my product.  (That sounds like an error I'd get back when people bought software in a box at the local office store.)

Please either help me resolve this issue or cancel my trial period immediately.  I have no desire to pay for a product that doesn't work and isn't supported.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error.  i was able to make it go away by:

Tools > Organize Pages

Extract Pages - select the pages i want to create a new document

Save As

Pain the the rear, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say that this worked a treat for me to. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! After trying about 10 different solutions from another page, unsuccessfully - this actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I haven't got luck with this solution.

Acrobat just saves empty pages. The file size is 7kb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your advice in Feb 2021, and your solution was the only one that actually solved my problem.  God bless ya! 

Yours in Christ,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU KINDLY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had the same problem as you mentioned it was a pain in the rear. Was able resolve the problem with the solution you provided. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, @mknowlesnc!  This worked for me on 03/22/2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!!! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I was going crazy trying to save my documents.  Have a blessed day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a simple remedy - thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me as well. Thanks for the excellent tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mknowlesnc,

Thank you!  This was such a simple fix!  After searching and researching, this was easy and it worked.

Rhonda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. August 2021. Your solution helped. I did know why I was getting this error, thankfully I found your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, works fine, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work for me as well. THANK YOU.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only worked for that particular file. Not a permanament fix.  Still searching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me too... thank you! I'll work on making sure the right people know about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a 30 page document.  I followed the instructions above-except there was not an option to save at the end.  I have 30 individual pages saved : (  What did I do wrong and why did Adobe make this so hard!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, did you check the box that said save pages as a separate file? I did that, then just combined them back, while sometime it was all in a single file. Either way lol just wanted to make sure you checked that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract pages emptied my form fields in the new copy so that was not a solution for me either.

I had this issue while trying to save some legal docs with lots of form fields. I tried a bunch of things and then got an error message that helped, so I did File -> Save a copy and that gave a warning but I was able to save what i needed which was a version of the form as submitted with form fields filled in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you buddy, this worked for me. saved my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines