• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The letters "LF" appear while copying from PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I compare PDFs, by copying text from one PDF (opening it in a browser) and pasting it in the find window of another PDF whereby similar text gets highligted. But on many occasions while pasting the content the letters "LF" also get pasted along with it. How to avoid this so that I can get a perfect highligt.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.
Please tell us what Adobe application you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both Edge and Chrome. In Edge I open the source file and in Chrome I open the edited file and vice versa. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you use Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot-Acrobat-Pro-DCScreenshot-Acrobat-Pro-DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the screenshot of Acrobat-Pro-DC above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So you don't use Edge or Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open the source PDF file in Edge and edited PDF file in Chrome. I copy content from the source PDF file opened in Edge and paste it in the ctrl+F bar of Chrome in which edited PDF file is opened. Usualy the pasted content should get highligted in Chrome but some times some addtional charaters like "LF" get mixed with the copied content which is not visible in the source PDF. These addtional charaters are only visible when it is copied and pasted in the ctrl+F bar. Because of these addtional charaters I am not getting a similar text highlight in the edited PDF opened in Chrome. So I need to delete the addtional or junk charater each time I paste it in ctrl+F bar in Chrome to get a similar text highlight in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again my question:

Did you open the files in the browsers or in Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open the PDF files in the browsers only as in Acrobat it does not allow me to paste more than 5 or 6 words at a time in the ctrl+F bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can paste 100 and more words there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried many times but I am not able to paste more than 6 words, that's why I started using the browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you copy words and linefeed characters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The LF is a Line Feed--similar to a line break or soft return. 

I suspect the PDF you are copying from an untagged PDF, but could also just be a result of the program that created the PDF.

Have you tried opening the PDF in Acrobat and exporting to Word? It might not fix the problem if the problem is in the original PDF, but you could do a Find/Replace to clean it up before pasting.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines