Настройка кнопок для выполнения действий в формах PDF, Adobe Acrobat

When you click on the button, nothing happens

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Works fine for me... Be aware, though, that clicking the button doesn't actually send the email. It will just create a new Draft in the Gmail account you have set up in Acrobat. The user will still need to manually send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what application are you opening the file (including exact version number)?

What email account did you set up?

Can you post a screenshot of the settings you entered into the Submit Form dialog window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what's your operating system version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro v2015.020.20042

[Email address removed]

macos Hight Sierra

photo_2018-01-29_14-54-35.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mean what email address, what kind of email account. Look under Edit - Preferences - Email Accounts.

The settings in the dialog seem fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photo_2018-01-29_15-09-02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost in translation)

I do not understand the difference between the address and the account, could you give an example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems fine... So what happens when you click the Submit button? Nothing at all? No error message?
Can you share your file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens when you press a button. No messages or letters.

Link to file Dropbox - bonaka_heatexchanger.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me... Be aware, though, that clicking the button doesn't actually send the email. It will just create a new Draft in the Gmail account you have set up in Acrobat. The user will still need to manually send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. However, the receiver having to manually send back the filled in form actually defeats the purpose for the intended goal of using the Submit button. The Submit button should help to make processes smoother... fill the form in, hit submit, and your done. If this is not the intention, then I will need to use another product and canel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can submit the form data (or even the entire PDF file) to a web-service which will automatically save it to the server.

This is the only way of doing it "silently", unless you can install a script on the local machine of each user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, I have been saying this for 3 weeks to Adobe tech support.  What is the purpose of a submit form if it doesn't actually submit anything.  This company is in the heart of Silicon Valley and they want us to believe that in 2021, they cannot figure out how to write some script to actually make this function.  Totally worthless!  I'm actually taking a Java course right now, literally as I am typing this...ugh I'm beyond irritated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit to a service on the web and it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a web service, which is google, provided by my hosting company.  It still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What script does you use at the web service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a button that can automatically send an email from the user's email address with any content and without the user's consent is a terrible idea. I hope they teach that too in your Java class...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, how would they not have given consent when they took the time to fill out a 10 page application?  It's a fillable form, which suggests, at least to me, that they are fully aware of what they are sending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not aware because the email can contain any text the form author decided to add to it.

Also, in your case it's a 10-page form. In someone else's it could be a blank form with a button that starts sending spam or who knows what from the user's email address the moment you click it (or even just by opening the file). See the issue there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to include a fillable PDF on a company website for applicants to submit (via adobe submission button) to a corporate HR email? My thought is that the form would be associated with an email attached to the corporate website and would be received by the HR email as if it came from the company itself. Like, a closed loop?  The identifying information on applicants would be found in the application itself.  From reading replies above, it doesn't sound like it's possible based on consent issues and liability associated with silent scripting.  For those replying, I am not tech saavy beyond what a typical millenial might be.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not possible with email. The sending address can't be the one you use... It's the user's email address.

What can be done, though, is to submit the data to a web-server, where it will come in anonymously (more or less) and then send it forward to the HR dept. And if this form contains sensitive information you can remove some of it before forwarding it. Also, this method is more secure (especially if the server uses HTTPS) than using email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does NOT work for me.  Explanation: pdf form created in Acrobat DC with Submit button. On the device on which Acrobat DC installed, it works great. Using Outlook Exhange to send an email to someone else (customer) and attach the form to the email. The customer can open the pdf form and fill-in the form fields. However the Submit button does not do anything. I have used the Acrobate menu item submit and tested with run Java script and neither works when the form is sent as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application is the customer using to open the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this test case, the receiving party opened the email with Outlook 365/exchange.

However for the fill-in form to be useful, it must work universally regardless of the email client that the user/recipent has installed on their device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that's no longer possible, since there are so many non-compliant PDF viewers out there.

If you want it to work correctly open it in Adobe Acrobat or Reader. Pretty much anything else will give you problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines