• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Signature block is not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add a signature block for someone else to digital sign it and for some reason is not working. When I am adding the box on "Edit"" mode I can see the box. When I preview it, it does not show. I know I can go ahead and add a border to it but still the person can't sign. I need the gray box to appear where it has a red symbol indicating to sign here and they can sign digital. I uploaded three screenshots to explain what's going on. The first one is how it appear when I am adding the signature box, the second one is how it looks when I preview it ( blank- nothing shows), and the third one is what I am looking for. Any help? Thanks1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Looking at the first 2 pictures, I guess you are applying a simple text filed for signature and that is the reason it looks blank.

Have you selected Prepare form>Add Digital signature (from menu bar at the top)? If not, then try that. digital signature.png

This will bring the "Sign here" dialog box as showed in last image.

If it still doesn't work then share a short video of step-by-step action taken at your end. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I appreciate you responding back to me. I notice what was going on. When I select "Prepare a Form", I was checking the box "This form requires a signature" (which is exactly what I need) and the opton that I needed didn't appear.  What I need is to create a box for another user to be able to sign it. Checking the check box "This form requires a signature, I think is for the creator to create a signature. It was a bit misleading on how to request a signature. By unchecking the box, I was able to add the box that has the red flag for someone to make a digital signature. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your observation is absolutely correct. That option is needs to be checked if you (sender) would like to sign the document too.

Good to hear that its working for you now. Let us know if there's any further assistance is required. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having issues adding a click and sign field. When i am in Prepare form i only can choose from Signature, or Signature block. Neither of these have the red arrow that show for somone else to signe as I have in the past. When i open properties it does not show digital signature so I hvae no idea what to do.  Any Help is appreciated. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

I tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine, as shown in the screenshot below:

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing? Also make sure you are using the signature field option and not just the simple text field and using it for signature and have the latest version of the application 23.08.20470 installed go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Hope this will help

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did this option for a signature block go?  My computer updated Adobe again and now this field is gone.  How are we supposed to create a document with a signature field?  The signature block does not work because when you type into it it does not take you to adding your certified signature.  It just lets you type into it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines