Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The signature is valid in Adobe Acrobat 11.0.0, but invalid in 11.0.17

Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document signed by iText. The signature is valid in Adobe Acrobat 11.0.0, but invalid in 11.0.17(it say that "document has been modified or corrupted since signed"). What is the difference between the two versions in the way signature verification? Thanks

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hutri,

I believe it is working as expected.

Someone might have made some changes on the document since it was last signed and the data does not match the signature.

It is  a warning to the end user that the contents of the document can no longer be verified coming from whoever signed it.

Also, this can happen if there are multiple signatures on the document.

So you may try this; in your document, in the first signature field, certify the document (right click Certify with visible signature).

In the certify Document dialog that comes up, under "Permitted Actions after Certifying", select "Form fill-in and digital signatures".

Then each signer adds a signature and sends the document to the next person.

Any changes to the document other than additional signatures will invalidate the signatures.

Regards,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Supriya,

Thanks for your answer.

The document has not been modified since it was last signed.

I use Adobe 11.0.0 and Adobe 11.0.17 to verify the same document which have multiple signatures , it comes up two results, Adobe 11.0.0 shows that all the signatures are valid, Adobe 11.0.17 shows only the last signature is valid.

So I guess there must be some difference between the two versions on signature verification.

Regards,

Hutri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hava the same problem.

Is this problem resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines